The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lurking and doing a few posts here and there, and as so many others have said this is a great webiste for info.
so after wanting a Evora for over a year now and alot of reading. The time has come, so this Friday my wife and I are flying out to Florida to pick up my 2010 Evora!!

We are going to be driving it back to North Texas over the weekend! now it should be a great trip with the driving, But now owning a car such as this, staying at a hotel overnight is now a concern! The wife wants to stay in New Orleans saturday night. So Ive been calling the hotels down there inquiring about secure parking for the car, LOL, ive never been faced with a problem like this.
But we are super excited to get our (new to us) Evora!
and yes I will post pic's as soon as I get back!

·
Registered
396 Posts
As a former (multiple) MR2 owner let me say - Welcome! Where in FL are you picking it up?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I made the drive from Florida in my new Evora as well. You're going to love the car and the route back. I was concerned about stopping at certain hotels, so I only stopped with family. Enjoy the drive back....and the car.

Who gets to drive back? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
I feel your joy :D

It's an issue parking any pricey car, especial when it's new. But this car draws so much attention it brings some special considerations. Hey, ask them to let you park right up front. Makes the hotel look cool.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mister2
Hey Lewisville Neighbor I am glad we will have two Evora’s 7 miles apart. Have a fun trip and lets meet up in the next few weeks. ;)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I've only stayed at a few hotels with my Elise.

I've always tried to book something at smaller out-of-town places.

You can even use google maps prior to the trip to see what the parking lot and surrounding area are like.

(Maybe book the hotel, but sleep in the car just in case)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats on the Evora! I'm sure you'll love it. You wouldn't happen to have an NSX as well and have a similar username on another forum would you?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Odd coincidence I guess. There is a MisterTwo in the DFW area who owns one. Keep us posted on how the trip back goes. Be sure to post photos too. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the car on such a long trip.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Before I bought mine, I didn't think I'd have a problem parking it most anywhere (the airport garage for example). Now that I've owned it for 3 months and realize the attention it gets - I take a cab to the airport. Even well intentioned people curious about the car can do damage - a belt buckle of a person leaning over to look at the engine bay for example. Just the other night I went out to fuel up and pick up a pizza - literally 4 different people stopped me to ask me about my car, all within the span of 15 minutes. The car is meant to be driven for sure, but care should be taken about how/where you park it, IMHO.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Most often I get asked about my car by a store employee when I'm at a store shopping.. I use just politely tell them I am in a rush and can't talk.

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts
Never had any problems. People truly love these cars and have given them a lot of respect. I park at Motels near my tracks all the time. I get tons of "you mind if I take a few pics" stuff. Parallel parking would be my biggest concern as our snouts are easy to damage. Ask me how i know.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Congrats.

Honestly, I'd do some recon on the route. Sounds crazy, but I'm found myself in some funky 'urban' neighborhoods after wrong exits, etc and it's a bit hairy when I'm in my Elise with the top off. Honestly, I got some very nice comments and some attention that made me want to blow red lights and gun it!

As for the hotels, you should be ok, but all areas are different. I'm assuming you are only doing one overnight? So, to be on the safe side, I'd stay at a hotel with covered secure parking - typically the Hiltons/Marriott/Intercontinental.

If it makes you feel better, one of our resident Exige owners just bought a McLaren MP4. We did a spirited drive weekend and he left his Mc in a Courtyard Marriott parking lot over night - on the day after he took delivery! Room overlooked the lot and it was lighted/secure and in a very nice suburban area.

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts
The brothers just want to be in the pics with the ride man! They have far more respect for our cars than any pickup drivin redneck. Seriously!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update! All is well so far both hotels have parked the car right upfront!!
I've put about 800miles on so far and it's been great. But the clutch pedal is so heavy compared to any othe m/t I've own so its taking some getting useto

1 - 20 of 27 Posts