The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being on forums since the mid 90s, I have read many of the "getting old stories" and always thought, couldn't believe people are that stupid or "these things can't happen to me":huh:

Well time is catching up, and finally it happened to me last month

Never thought this would happen to me:

Took the cover of my Lotus, folded the front and rear cover up on the HT. My mini and one of my miata covers was also stacked there. Was trying to go out for a much needed drive, as have been just very busy.

Pulled out of the driveway, and my neighbor was pointing to my roof. I thought it was because I had the HT on. He has a SLS Convertible, R8 convertible and E type, and always gives me hard time that all my convertibles have top ON.

I just waived, went for a drive, and came back 40 min later.

Come in the house, can't find the car cover. All 3 . I am wondering what the heck happened.

Neighbor came down to chat, and he was telling me, he was pointing out the car covers, that I was driving off with them. Went up and down the streets, just didn't see them anywhere.

So spent the last few weeks, sourcing covers again, and thanks to the hep of this site, sourced one for the Lotus, though it wasn't one I had, or anywhere near the quality, but it will do.

Ahh...getting old sux! Anyone else has such getting old stories?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I'm amazed covers made it far from your house lol.

And if he has an R8 - he should have hopped in and chased you down lol.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had high hopes for the way this story began!! rotfl
Another side effect of old age...either the stories suck or you forget the story half way in the middle of it

:) :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm amazed covers made it far from your house lol.

And if he has an R8 - he should have hopped in and chased you down lol.
This is Los Angeles. Fact that he knows me, is quite a bit. Around here, people live 30 years next door to each other and don't know your name.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Sorry to hear about the covers. :( I have one, but I can't blame age (late 20s); just straight-up stupidity. :eek:

Was checking fuses one day and so I had the pass. front access cover off. Upon finishing with the fuses, I put the access cover back in place, but got distracted and forgot to attach any of the 3 bolts (Exige access cover). Getting onto the freeway, it flew off (went like 15 feet up in the air) and landed in the median and I thought, hmm, I may have forgotten to do something. :rolleyes: I got off the freeway, parked the car, walked onto the freeway shoulder, waited for a break in cars and ran out to get it.

Believe it or not, the only damage was to the clear bra. :eek:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry to hear about the covers. :( I have one, but I can't blame age (late 20s); just straight-up stupidity. :eek:

Was checking fuses one day and so I had the pass. front access cover off. Upon finishing with the fuses, I put the access cover back in place, but got distracted and forgot to attach any of the 3 bolts (Exige access cover). Getting onto the freeway, it flew off (went like 15 feet up in the air) and landed in the median and I thought, hmm, I may have forgotten to do something. :rolleyes: I got off the freeway, parked the car, walked onto the freeway shoulder, waited for a break in cars and ran out to get it.

Believe it or not, the only damage was to the clear bra. :eek:
Lucky! I thought it would have shattered or broken in half

·
Registered
320 Posts
One of your covers just floated down into my yard.:eek:

For $300 plus shipping costs I will mail it back to you.

One other sign of old age is that you become mean where money is concerned rotfl

·
Registered
623 Posts
People of all ages do stupid things like this. The pop psychology thing about "senior moments" has old people thinking that every time they forget something it's down to declining mental faculties, when in many cases it's just normal human behavior. This in turn creates stress which diminishes mental focus.

Aging and cognitive decline

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well in my old age, I forgot to subscribe to the thread, and didn't even see I posted it. :)

So instead decided to spend half the day (200 miles) driving mountain roads in Los Angeles, I guess being old, I can take a day off, when others are working :D

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Having to buy new ones sucks but telling the old lady about it just makes it terrible. But the bright spot is if she is the same age as you she will forget you told her in about ten minutes.:huh:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He probably picked up the covers after you drove off and kept them. Those things can't fly too far and the roads up in Malibu... you can find them, I bet if you wanted to. Which means someone else took them!
Agree 100%. I know someone took them, oh well.

Sorry to hear that. Having to buy new ones sucks but telling the old lady about it just makes it terrible. But the bright spot is if she is the same age as you she will forget you told her in about ten minutes.:huh:
Hey just because I am old, doesnt mean I hang with old women:D Women like milk expire at the age of 25.

So 19-25 is the sweet spot. Rinse, repeat.

If I want to have a conversation with a woman, I can come on the forum:coolnana:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Wouldn't know about getting old, doesn't seem to affect me.
Why just the other day I, hmm, what was I talking about before I had to pee?
Has anybody seen my glasses?

Growing older but not up:)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Just remember The Bucket List advice:

- Never pass up a bathroom
- Never waste a hard on
- Never trust a fart

If you do that, old age is a piece of Old Country Buffet cake (at 4:30pm of course!).

:)

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
That's almost as bad as the old guy who put his Motorola Electrify phone on top of his car while he threw his bow hunting gear in the trunk after a day afield. The idiot drove out on to the county highway, heard a "thunk" and thought something had tipped over inside his trunk... Ten minutes later he had a senior epiphany and realized what had happened. The phone by then was lying in the road and had been run over a dozen times...

Remember it like it was a month ago... Kind of... ;)

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
I learned well before my now-advanced age to put stuff on the hood, never on the roof. Felt really stupid learning that lesson the hard way...because I was.

But, I do use certain techniques. I walk down the driveway to get the mail and the newspapers. I get the mail 1st, because I can see the papers.

Lots of notes...

Do word puzzles and do math in your head to keep the aging mind sharp.

Try Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI, which I get from Vitacost.com.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
I learned well before my now-advanced age to put stuff on the hood, never on the roof. Felt really stupid learning that lesson the hard way...because I was.

But, I do use certain techniques. I walk down the driveway to get the mail and the newspapers. I get the mail 1st, because I can see the papers.

Lots of notes...

Do word puzzles and do math in your head to keep the aging mind sharp.

Try Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI, which I get from Vitacost.com.
Wait til you get into your 30's!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts