The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GGLC (Golden Gate Lotus Club) 2005 Track Day calendar has been announced. We are pleased to be able to present 7 Lotus Track Days in 2005!

3/29 - Thunderhill Raceway, Willows CA
4/25 - Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow CA
6/3 - Reno/Fernley Raceway, Fernley, NV
7/27 - Thunderhill Raceway, Willows CA
9/13 - Thunderhill Raceway, Willows CA
10/6 - Thunderhill Raceway, Willows CA
10/17 - Buttonwillow Raceway, Buttonwillow, CA

We will be working with Club111 on co-presenting some of these events. As always, there will be a discounted entry fee for club members and Lotus cars have priority.

More info at www.gglotus.org

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Had my first day at Thunderhill last November, and it felt comfortable and familiar very quickly relative to Sears Point. It was a very fun track and just about as "technical" as Sears, and I appreciate the fact that the layout is either track or run-off, without much else in between. More confidence-inspiring than Sears, in other words.

Khamai, two questions:

- I'd be shocked if I had my Elise by March 29. What is your policy on non-Lotus cars? Can I drive a BMW just as long as I'm a GGLC member?

- What kind of configs do you run at T-Hill? (i.e., Any cone chicanes? both clockwise and counterclockwise? do you run the bypass on turn 5, or do you run the turn?)

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jon,

While we call them LOTUS Track Days the reality has been that MOST of the cars attending are non-Lotus (those non-Lotus drivers keep us in the black).

Having said that our goal and dream would be to have a Track Day where it was only Lotus & we broke even. :)

So, the answer to your question about bringing your BMW is YES! However in the event there are too many entries we prioritize as follows -
1 - GGLC member w/ Lotus
2 - GGLC member w/ non-Lotus
3 - non-member w/ Lotus
4 - non-member w/ non-Lotus
(for those events we co-present with Club111, Club111 members will have the same status as GGLC members)

As for THill we have run both directions. NEVER with the T5 Bypass. NEVER use cone chicanes.

We do ask that drivers act responsibly and be mature. Good behavior is rewarded with more track time. Bad on track behavior is NOT tolerated. We limit entries to assure that there's lots of track time and track space.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Oooo -- backwards. That will be quite an experience. Was the track designed for both directions? Anyone want to comment on corner strategies for "the other direction"?

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update on the GGLC Track Days. Here's a revised & CONFIRMED SCHEDULE

Golden Gate Lotus Club track dates for 2005 are as follows:

3/30 Thunderhill
4/25 Buttonwillow (joint event w/ Club111)
6/3 Reno/Fernley (in conjunction with the WCLM)
7/27 Thunderhill
9/13 Thunderhill
10/17 Buttonwillow (joint event w/ Club111)

For more info... www.gglotus.org

See ya on track!
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Registration is OPEN for GGLC Track Day #1 - March 30th at Thunderhill Raceway (Willows California).

Go to: www.gglotus.org & click on the Track Day Info link.

Enter by March 15th and get the early-bird discount.
Early Bird Entry fee -
GGLC Members $145/driver
Non-Members $160/driver
2nd Driver (same car) $50/2nd driver
Entry goes up $20 after March 15th.

Enter today!!!

See you on the track!
Kiyoshi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts