The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GGLC "Anti-Football" Drive

START: Peet's Coffee, 2780 Mowry Ave, Fremont (corner of Mowry & Paseo Padre, next to Chipotle)
MEET TIME: Saturday Jan 25, 2014 - 9:30-9:50

ROUTE: Mowry Ave to Mission Blvd, right on Niles Canyon to Palomares Rd. Then to Castro Valley and Crow Canyon and on to the Blackhawk Museum via Norris and Bollinger Canyon Rds.

LUNCH: We will park in front of the Blackhawk Auto Museum and then do an early lunch at the Fieldhouse Sports Grill at the Blackhawk Shopping Center.
AFTER LUNCH: We will get a private tour of the Blackhawk Auto Museum.

IMPORTANT! Please RSVP! Space is limited on the tour. GGLC members will have priority, non-members are welcome on the drive and can join the museum tour if there is space. To RSVP send an email with the number in your party webguy"at"gglotus.org

Are you tired of bowl games, playoff games and fantasy leagues? Then this is for you!

The drive is about 1 hour long and will be at a moderate pace run with respect to iffy road conditions from winter weather. The GGLC will pay for the Museum tour, but lunch is no host.

WEATHER - We'll do this rain or shine!

Attachments

Premium Member
Sacrilege.!!!

You deserve to be banned for this post.

?????????????

Go Pats.

I'm also a wee bit jealous of the fact that is is nice enough in your neck of the woods for a drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
^^^ Wait, they didn't have the cojones to schedule the Anti Football Drive on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb 2nd? :D

Our road-rally group used to schedule Drives on SBS. It was fun, because the roads were deserted! :clap:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
BUMP...

This Saturday. A short casual drive followed by lunch and then a private tour of the Blackhawk Auto Museum.

Still a few places available. RSVP today!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Registered
Would love to go!!!! But have USTA tennis sectionals that weekend. Wishing everyone a safe and fun day. VROOM! VROOM!!!!:shift: Jeff T

Registered
I can't make it.... going down to Central cost for SO's birthday... but there is no actual football that day, so you won't be missing out if you go!

Terry
I can't make it.... going down to Central cost for SO's birthday... but there is no actual football that day, so you won't be missing out if you go!
there's no football that day right? i was wondering why it's called anti-football drive and i kept asking my friends if there's something big happening this weekend and they said no haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
A Fantastic Top-Down Day!

Thanks to all 30 GGLCers who came out today for the "Anti-Football Drive".

We gathered in Fremont and wound through some back roads up to Danville to the Blackhawk Museum. Prime parking in the plaza immediately in front of the museum where museum goers got to oogle the 20 some odd Lotus.

A leisurely lunch and then to the Museum where our group split into 2 smaller groups and were led by John and Bob, Blackhawk Museum Docents who for the next 1-2 hours shared their knowledge and entertaining stories about some of the cars in the diverse collection.

Attachments

Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
^^ NICE ROADS at 1:05 and 2:10!

:clap:

Loti are made for driving!

Registered
Good cause to miss the drive

Guys, I wished I could have joined you on the drive to the Blackhawk Auto Museum. Having visited it several times before years ago, I haven't seen their current exhibit. I committed to spend the day with my father-in-law who celebrated his 90. birthday. Even though he doesn't drive anymore he had a special wish: He wanted to take a spin in my Elise - as a passenger. It surprised me a little, since he had been a passenger in the car numerous times before. Knowing that he would have loved to see the marvels at Blackhawk, I had suggested to him to meet you guys at the museum. But he graciously declined, because the trip would have been too long for him. So we missed out on the anti-football drive, but instead enjoyed a spirited pro-geriatric drive with a nice brunch at the finish. Over lunch we had a lengthy talk about, amongst other topics, the evolution of cars in his lifetime and he envied me a little for enjoying my Lotus as a daily drive. By the way, he didn't have any problem with ingress and egress to the car. I drove away from this with a smile, but at the same time thinking that we need to sometimes reconnect with our elders without prejudice.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts