The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GGLC is working with Hooked on Driving to set up a Newbie/Novice Lotus Group at an upcoming HOD track day.

The HOD Newbie/Novice program is well run and a great way to experience a track day for the first or beginner level.

We've tentatively chosen either Friday March 20 or Friday April 17 at Thunderhill for this special event for Lotus drivers/cars.

Please respond to this thread with your preferred date and your interest in participating. The HOD would extend a discounted rate to GGLC members and Lotus drivers wishing to participate.

GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Lotus Car Club
..:: Hooked On Driving ::..

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
GGLC Webguy

P.S. HOD has extended GGLC & Lotus drivers a $50 savings for their Feb 20 event. Please PM me for the discount code.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Attended one of these events a few years ago. HOD has a great program for novice drivers. Within a session or two they were going at a pretty quick pace.

Kiyoshi, does this discount applies to those of us wishing to drive in the other run groups.

Sure, drop me a PM for the Feb. discount code.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Do you guys typically drive up and back on the event day? Or do you get up there the day before so you're well rested?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
It's over 2 hour from SF or closer to 3 hours from the south bay. They typically want you there around 8 am for a drivers meeting. So yeah, I spend the night and head back after my last session.

Seca or Sears Point are close enough that I'll drive down the day of.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It's over 2 hour from SF or closer to 3 hours from the south bay. They typically want you there around 8 am for a drivers meeting. So yeah, I spend the night and head back after my last session.

Seca or Sears Point are close enough that I'll drive down the day of.
That's kinda what I figured. Thanks Larry.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
We'll shoot for setting up a Lotus/GGLC Newbie/Novice day on 4/17 with HOD. More advanced drivers are welcome, but you'll run in your appropriate group.

Please post a message here if you're interested in the 4/17 HOD Lotus Newbie/Novice group. There will likely be a discounted rate.

REMINDER - HOD has extended GGLC & Lotus drivers a $50 savings for their Feb 20 event. Please PM me for the discount code.
edit-- $50 Saving code is "gglotus09". Again this discount is ONLY for GGLC members and Lotus owners.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
GGLC webguy

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
This is still going on, right? About to register I think, just making sure. Wasn't on the GGLC's website calendar...

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Found it on the calendar (right above the autox date). I have a blast doing the autox. Nice thing that a track day throws into the mix- elevation changes along with positive and negative camber and learning the finer details of the track, make them fun to do.

GGLC Events Calendar

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Oops that one says April 20th, not 17th... maybe thats why I was confused.

Will you be there Larry? Kiyoshi? I won't know what to do when I get there :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Might make it. Will wait until a week or so, before hand, to check the weather (and if spots are still open). Would not be in the novice group. Def, being your first track day, try to get in as wide variety of seat time, as you can. If I'm there, will be happy to give you a ride-along.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Who else is going to be there? -poke-

My car is ready to go... minus me breaking in new rear pads some

1 - 17 of 17 Posts