The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We at the Sacramento chapter of the GGLC have an interesting idea. We are proposing a Lotus camping trip to the Icehouse area on Memorial weekend. We have the option to reserve a group spot, but must act quickly! We are thinking of having a couple trucks available to carry goods that do not fit in our Lotus. Once there we can make use of the twisty roads in the area and do some day runs. We are looking for interest for this event. Please send me or Reinhard an email at [email protected] to express interest. We need to check interest at this time to make a commitment. If interest is high, we will reserve and post more information. Thank you for the support.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm In!!!

I love to go camping (and tread lightly - literally) in my Elise in that particular area. Have done it before - but alone. Icehouse Road is a very good and curvy stretch at an elevation around 5,000 feet and hardly ever is frequented by a lot of vehicles. I just checked and found a group campground which is still available for Memorial Day. Anybody else interested? Hurry!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is ON!!!

We have reserved the group campground! It is officially on the calendar. Full details to come. The roads are paved for accessing the campground and parking area is also paved. We are reserved from Friday through Monday on Memorial day weekend. Day runs through the twisties each day and possibly a day trip to Lake Tahoe. We will have trucks to carry gear, but it also appears that we should have the GGLC Van with canopy tents and some chairs also. We will update as plans progress. There will be a nominal fee to help pay for the campground. Payment will be set up through the GGLC site through paypal. We are putting together a committee in January to help organize logistics and meals. This will be a HUGE event!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would love to go, so count me in. I am sure Kenny and Casey will go also. Kenny ,I and Casey all have trucks we can bring, if needed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
We are on!

Spring has sprung and we are moving full speed ahead with our GGLC-Sac Campout over Memorial Day weekend. Do not be discouraged by the limited amount of luggage space in most of your Loti. We will assist to get your excess luggage and/or camp gear to the destination. Food, non-alc. bevs, plus event t-shirt will be included in your reservation. What better time to combine some runs and see some of the most spectacular waterfalls in the region? More details to come very shortly, so stay tuned!
:shift:

·
Registered
256 Posts
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!

We are taking reservation for the Memorial Day Camp & Drive event near Ice House, CA. The Sacramento Chapter of the Golden Gate Lotus Club is offering the all-inclusive 3-day camp out for only $65 per person. This discounted price includes food & non-alcoholic beverages plus a special event T-shirt. I know what your are thinking: "There is no way I can go camping in a Lotus!" Well, we offer to collect your gear at our next Chapter meeting on Wednesday, May 14. Feel free to email us direct with any thoughts and questions: [email protected]

In addition, we are inviting folks who prefer just to attend a drive to register for the Saturday waterfall & Lake Tahoe tour. We offer the drive-only part for a nominal $15 per person - boxed lunch & event T-shirt included, of course.

So hurry and secure your spots for this event before it is sold out by clicking on this link, scroll down to the bottom and make your PayPal reservations:
GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Lotus Camp Out
:clap:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
What a great idea!!!
Sounds like so much fun and GGLC too! Been meaning to come up and see you guys.

If i didn't have an elderly dad commitment and if my Lotus was done, I'd be up for sure!

One of the most memorable Lotus moments I have ever had was when I was driving my Esprit on the twisty roads above Lake Tahoe in a line with other clubmembers during WCLM a few years back...The Who's Baba O'Riley came on and the moment was pure magic!

Roy

·
Registered
256 Posts
What a great idea!!!
Sounds like so much fun and GGLC too! Been meaning to come up and see you guys.

If i didn't have an elderly dad commitment and if my Lotus was done, I'd be up for sure!

One of the most memorable Lotus moments I have ever had was when I was driving my Esprit on the twisty roads above Lake Tahoe in a line with other clubmembers during WCLM a few years back...The Who's Baba O'Riley came on and the moment was pure magic!

Roy
Roy, I know what your talking about. I'm in the same boat (car? situation?). I have to figure out arrangements for my 90 yr. old father-in-law. Yesterday, he mentioned, that he would like to be there as well. Not sure yet how that will work. For some reason I have a hunch the camp & drive event has a chance to be an annual thing. Hope you get your ride running to where we can all get together!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Thanks TCAR!
Yes, dealing with an elderly dad with alzheimer's/dementia who cannot be left alone that also has sundowners syndrome and a tendency to wander if I myself am not there has certainly made life interesting. I can sure relate...it has been quite a test :(

Thanks for the kind words...appreciated the nice emails I rec'd from the Sacramento chapter a while ago and have been wanting to come see you guys for the longest time.

Much appreciated,

Roy

·
Missing my red '69 S800
2 Posts
This makes my (Memorial) Day! Just bought my ticket

Guys, combining the outdoors with a few drives is exactly what I was looking for for the longest time. I can't wait to meet up with you all at camp. Thanks for putting on this event!:clap:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Man, that sounds awesome. I have a feeling a mid-atlantic spinoff may be in order, so keep us posted with how it goes, lessons learned, etc!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I want to do the driving portion..I don't know how to camp nor have the equipment to do so..have to plan out the trip to stay in maybe next to Lake Tahoe or near your campsite (at a hotel) and then meet you guys for the trip and hang out with you guys maybe at the campsite..until night where I'll drive back to the hotel..
Maybe others who don't camp will be doing the same thing? Anyway, I'll figure out logistics and sign up if it seems doable.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Accommodations near Ice House

I want to do the driving portion..I don't know how to camp nor have the equipment to do so..have to plan out the trip to stay in maybe next to Lake Tahoe or near your campsite (at a hotel) and then meet you guys for the trip and hang out with you guys maybe at the campsite..until night where I'll drive back to the hotel..
Maybe others who don't camp will be doing the same thing? Anyway, I'll figure out logistics and sign up if it seems doable.
John, not too far from where we are meeting for the Saturday drive you can find some accommodations. Nearest motels are in Pollock Pines (18 mi.), Placerville (31 mi.), or South Lake Tahoe (45 mi.). We'd love to meet you for the event!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are a few already signed up for just the drive! I know with my physical limitations camping will be difficult but It just sounds too fun to pass on. I will be bringing my Celestron telescope up for the weekend for those interested in star gazing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Camp & Drive Logistics Assistance

:wave:Don't let the camp gear & luggage issues deter you from joining the campout. We are offering to assist with the logistics to get your gear up there. At our next local GGLC-Sac meeting on May 14 we offer to collect any excess gear & luggage and will make sure to get it to camp. Hopefully, this makes your decision easier.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Gawd...I wish I could do this!!! Such a great concept! Nice job on the writeup too.

Anyway, posted on our local Bay Area Esprit Group site to help you guys out and spread the word! :)

Roy
Commemorative Esprit Turbo, #87 of 88 made
Getting closer to being back on the road! :)

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please remember to sign up soon. Siignups will be closed within the next 10 days or so. Please express tshirt sizes also!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts