The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GGLC has a final 2008 Open Track Day on December 26th at Laguna Seca.

Registration will open soon. Watch the GGLC website for info on registration - GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - TRACK DAYS

As with all GGLC Track Days they are designed for the experienced driver and not recommended for the newbie.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

It will fill-up quickly!!!

Give yourself a "Late" Christmas present!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weather looks awesome for Friday!

Still time to sign up...

Weather report is for partly cloudy on Friday. Give yourself a "Day-After-Xmas" present!

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Hi - It just so happens I will be up in Carmel this Friday on vacation. Is it possible for me to come by and hang out and watch you guys run? I won't have my Elise - I will be in a Mustang rental that we are driving in up from LA , but I have never been to Laguna Seca and just noticed this thread, perfect timing ! Just want to drop by and check out some Lotus cars and watch the fun ( any ride alongs would be welcome obviously )

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Del- your be more then welcome to drop by. I'd offer you a ride- but I'm not running. It's a fun track- first time going down the corkscrew, isn't something you'll forget. Here is pic of someone I gave a ride to a few years ago:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Awesome picture Larry - funny the passenger's smile matches the Elise's almost exactly, both were having a great time obviously ! Thanks for the info will drop by and say hi for sure on Friday !

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Stop by for a hour or two. Lots of nice toys came out to play. Weather was great, not a cloud in the sky. For the first time since I started doing track days, I went a year without driving Laguna… miss it. Here are a few photos I took. More at:

Laguna_122608_GGLC - a set on Flickr

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stop by for a hour or two. Lots of nice toys came out to play. Weather was great, not a cloud in the sky. For the first time since I started doing track days, I went a year without driving Laguna… miss it. Here are a few photos I took. More at:

Laguna_122608_GGLC - a set on Flickr
Thanks Larry, great photos! We talked for a few moments in the pits, I have the Elise with the Larini 8" and the rear panel delete. BTW, do you know who was driving the dark red Elise, and the yellow Elise, in Advanced? We had a great time running together and I never got their names.

Gary

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
A big thank you to Michael Sands who gave me a ride around the track in his exge s in the advanced group ,amazing driving !!! I had a blast - took a ton of Picts during the day from all over the track. Still on vacation in carmel & San francisco till Wednesday, will post the good Picts when I get home! Thanks again for letting me hang out

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Didn’t meet the 211 owner. From what I’ve heard he’s a local guy, that has already done some suspension work on the car. He’s the one on the left. The other guy is Brett from Lotus San Louis Obispo- who was driving the S1 Elise.

Gary- nice talking with you. Off hand don't know who the other Elise owners you were running with.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi - this is Mark Gallop from Palo Alto. I'm the owner of the 2-Eleven (purchased from Silicon Valley Auto Group 3 months ago) and this was my third outing in it at Laguna. The car is stock with the exception of a replacement gas tank from Pro-Alloy Motorsports in the UK - I found this to be essential as the Lotus tank has wicked starvation issues in long left-handers (e.g. Turn 2 at Thunderhill) which sets up nasty off-throttle oversteer situations. Eric Gauthier from Suspension Performance in Mountain View has been working on the car and helping with the set-up (which to date has mainly involved softening up the rear suspension to help tame the oversteer. Overall the car feels terrific, but in terms of balance is rather more like a 911 than an Elise with its strongly rear-weighted bias. Given the stock Advan tires the grip is impressive, probably mostly attributable to the aero effects from the rear wing.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Eric Gauthier from Suspension Performance in Mountain View has been working on the car and helping with the set-up (which to date has mainly involved softening up the rear suspension to help tame the oversteer. Overall the car feels terrific, but in terms of balance is rather more like a 911 than an Elise with its strongly rear-weighted bias.
Hello Mark,

You should try running the smaller 2-Eleven street splitter. I think that is what Lotus Sport runs on the GT4 car in europe.

Cheers,

Patrick

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Patrick

Thanks for the suggestion. Are you running the track or street splitter on your car?

Mark
I have both street and track setups. I have been running track on the track.

I don't feel that my car oversteers a lot so I must be going too slow :)

I love the hard tonneau, it really completes the look:drool:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts