The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GGLC Track Day - Thunderhill Raceway - Sept 25, 2012

Regristration is now open for the Golden Gate Lotus Club's 4th track day of the year at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California on Tuesday, September 25, 2012. There will be three run groups - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced.

Sessions will be approximately 20 minutes long. Early bird registration is ONLY $140 for members and $160 for non-members. Registration will go up $20 after Sept 12th. There will be absolutely no refunds. If you cancel before September 12th and we can fill your spot, we will give you a rain check for a future event.

Please sign up early to ensure a spot.

Go to Golden Gate Lotus Club > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com to register today!

This event is sure to be a sell-out. We are limiting the event to 60 drivers.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
GGLC Webguy

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,369 Posts
Tempting! Had a blast up there this past Thursday. Gotta get approval from the wife. :)

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tempting! Had a blast up there this past Thursday. Gotta get approval from the wife. :)
You need permission? :D

If you've not been to a GGLC Track Day be prepared for the amount of seat time you can get. It's not uncommon to get 2-3 hours of track time in a single day at a GGLC track day.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,369 Posts
Sadly, yes...with a 3 month old infant at home (as well as a 3 year old toddler) it's a little hard to leave my wife with them overnight. :)

Sounds like I also need to get to the gym if I've going to be able to make it through that much track time!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly, yes...with a 3 month old infant at home (as well as a 3 year old toddler) it's a little hard to leave my wife with them overnight. :)

Sounds like I also need to get to the gym if I've going to be able to make it through that much track time!
Obviously (I hope it was obvious) I was kidding with the "permission" comment. Totally understand. I've got a 30 yr old daughter who doesn't live at home and I too need to ask.

So, congrats on the semi-new born.

It is "possible" to do Thunderhill in 1 day, but it means getting out of the house around 4:30 am to make it to the track by 8:00 am for the driver's meeting. It makes for a long day. Most of us don't do 2-3 hours. Frankly I'm happy if I get in 4-5 20 min sessions PLUS a mid-day nap in a day.

Anyway, hope you can join us some time in the future.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wish it wasn't on a Tuesday. Just came back from T-hill last Friday with NCRC. Can't get enough of that track!

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish it wasn't on a Tuesday. Just came back from T-hill last Friday with NCRC. Can't get enough of that track!
There's a virus that going around, it incubates for about 26 days and then knocks you for a loop with a persistent fever that can only be medicated by going 120 down the front straight at T-Hill!!! I've got a feeling you were exposed to this deadly virus... :D

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
69 Posts
There's a virus that going around, it incubates for about 26 days and then knocks you for a loop with a persistent fever that can only be medicated by going 120 down the front straight at T-Hill!!! I've got a feeling you were exposed to this deadly virus... :D

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
I will be there, hopefully this time the virus won't kill my car on the first session of the day. :no:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts