The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is to see who would be interested in joining me on a Group Buy for the new TE37SL but in a different color. We would need to order 5 sets in order for Rays to sell it to us with a different color. Since they can only do 1 color for all 5 sets. KamiSpeed.com has agreed to match another 5 sets in a different color.

This will leave us with an option of 2 color choices and a minimum of 5 buyers. KamiSpeed rocks!!

So now to figure what 2 colors everyone wants.

UPDATE: Color Choices have been narrowed down to Diamond Black and Gold

GB CLOSED

The GB size will be for the 16x7.5 +35 and 17x8.5 +33 4-100. Time frame is 90-120 days and we will only need a 50% deposit.

To Sweeten up the deal. They are now throwing free tuner lugs for guys using studs. :)

GB List:
1. kazuo (diamond black) *IN*
2. ElisED (gold) *IN*
3. VoiceOfReason (gold) *IN*
4. Skywagon (diamond black) *IN*
5. Variance (gold) *IN*

Color Options:

UPDATE:

For those that wanted to know, the actual wheels will look more like this:

16x7.5:

17x8.5:

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
yeah i was in need of CE28N so badly that time and wished to get a group buy price for them but unfortunately. hopefully they'll be cool this time :) love TE37 and good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an interest but it depends upon a couple things:

1. If I buy these, I would be looking to sell my original anodized silver 7-spoke wheels to help offset cost. Anyone interested in making an offer?
2. I have a 2005 Elise that I don't track so this would be purely aesthetics for me. Any comments on these for both fit and street use?

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how these would look like.

But I did my research on fitment and the fronts using a 195/50 tire they will stick out about 6mm and about 14mm less room in the inside.

Using stock tires; the rears won't stick out at all and about 15mm less room in the inside.

But there's a good amount of room in there for the front and rear. So these will be fine for street use.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I agree that TE37 look best with a concave low offset. But the color scheme looks great

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how these would look like.

But I did my research on fitment and the fronts using a 195/50 tire they will stick out about 6mm and about 14mm less room in the inside.

Using stock tires; the rears won't stick out at all and about 15mm less room in the inside.

But there's a good amount of room in there for the front and rear. So these will be fine for street use.
Hm, this kinda turns me off; I feel like a better visual fitment on our cars in the rear would require pushing the wheel out at least another 10mm or so. I'll need to give it some thought, but if I decide to go for it, I'd be interested in a set in gold.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hm, this kinda turns me off; I feel like a better visual fitment on our cars in the rear would require pushing the wheel out at least another 10mm or so. I'll need to give it some thought, but if I decide to go for it, I'd be interested in a set in gold.
This is of course if we use the 225 on the rears. Just to get a perspective in wheel size.

But since they're 8.5", you'll probably want to use at least 245 tires so it will make the setup 10mm closer to the wheelwells.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm a little confused, how would the tire size affect how much the wheel sticks out? Shouldn't that all be determined by the wheel width and offset?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts