The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering installing a Sector111 Giken LSD in my '07 Elise. Curious if any other Elisers have installed one and what their impressions are. Also why are the factory installed LSD cars required to have traction control?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Having an LSD can make the car easier to spin, especially in the wet! I installed a Quaife LSD in my Lotus, and you do have to watch out for it, but it isn't that bad if you know.

It will have more traction by far, up to a point... And then when she goes, she really goes since both tires are equally likely to spin at the same time.

An open diff usually only one wheel spins, which is safer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you stated makes a lot of sense, its understandable why traction control is required. My truck has locker rear end and it is easy to spin, the traction control on the truck, a Colorado, is more a throttle control system, I do not like it.Thanks for your input.

·
Vendor
3,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Personally i would recomend a helical, mechanical LSD. Also, if you dont have a supercharger, you dont really need traction control. You would just turn it off anyways!

·
Registered
163 Posts
But Outerplus Ti Racing in Japan has used an 1.8way LSD in their exige and able to clock 58sec in Tsukuba. This timing is much faster than others exige tuner.

Default OS Giken LSD is 1.5way. What if we configure it to 1.8way as what Ti Racing using?

·
Registered
86 Posts
But Outerplus Ti Racing in Japan has used an 1.8way LSD in their exige and able to clock 58sec in Tsukuba. This timing is much faster than others exige tuner.

Default OS Giken LSD is 1.5way. What if we configure it to 1.8way as what Ti Racing using?
I just installed the ORC clutch and ATS carbon 1.8 way LSD (street version) Last week. Only have like 200km on it, still in run in period. My initial impression is the understeering seems gone and you can push the car harder and I like the LSD more than my quaife torque bias LSD. I don't have time to test the car in the track yet, however I have a feeling that it will be fun to drive in track as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Veeve, how much did u pay for the ATS? Where to buy?
I got it from a Japanese parts dealer who offered discount price for US$1520 shipped to Hong Kong by air. It is custom made, noramlly the street carbon LSD doesn't come with 1.8 way LSD, but since it is very easy to make the 1.8 way, just put the clutch pack into different order then you got it from 1.5 to 1.8 way. It takes a week to manufacture and the part # is CSTFD8720.
Feel free to contact them to see whether they are willing to ship it to your location.

GP Motor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts