The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if someone would have actually poured anything in my gas tank, but I came out from bowling with the wife tonight and my gas door was opened by someone. I wonder what the point of them doing that was? Why do people feel the need to mess with other peoples stuff?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know if someone would have actually poured anything in my gas tank, but I came out from bowling with the wife tonight and my gas door was opened by someone. I wonder what the point of them doing that was? Why do people feel the need to mess with other peoples stuff?
I was looking into getting this done. Can I ask where did you get your locking gas cap?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Do a google search, "lotus talk gas cap locking stant"

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I had an unpleasant experience with a locking gas cap years ago. I was a hundred miles from home, and the lock mechanism broke. I needed gas but could not unlock the cap. I ended up having to pay a gas-station mechanic to drill out the lock so I could fill my empty tank. To date, I have never had anyone add anything undesirable to my fuel tank.

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
I have a crack head neighbor that likes to syphon gas out of other peoples gas tanks so I need a locking gas cap!

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
You need a new neighbor(hood).
I know..we are in the process of moving into a new house we just purchased and this one has a garage..not a carport. The sad thing is my crackhead neighbor is the only thing wrong with the neighborhood I live in now. He likes to steal from evrybody even people that live on the other side of the block..I know thieves know no bounds.

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
Hmmm... I always thought most newer cars had an anti-syphon mesh down in the tube so people couldn't do this? Does the Lotus not have this?
To be honest I am not sure.:shrug: All I know its the first cat I have owned that has a gas flap that is accessible from the outside and does not require you to flip a lever on the inside of the car. My toy car before this car was a factory 914-6 porsche that has the gas cap in the front trunk area...our daily drivers require you to flip a lever on the inside.

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would not drive this car without a locking gas cap. Too many idiots out there that are over jealous of other peoples stuff.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
FYI, the locking gas cap made by stant does not fit 100%, and the engine error code "gross leak detected" appears. It is harmless, but you will always have the check engine light on.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
FYI, the locking gas cap made by stant does not fit 100%, and the engine error code "gross leak detected" appears. It is harmless, but you will always have the check engine light on.
I've had my Stant for ~5 months with no codes, and fits like OEM. Which model # do you have?

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seals just fine. If someones doesn't, its the wrong cap. Besides, I'm using the oem lower portion of the gas cap as in the diy. No issues here either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts