The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought of the idea and thought it would look good. Plastic glass of course, for light weight! Has anyone ever done it before?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It looks sharp on the S1 Exige. It would require some serious problem solving to be accomplished properly on the S2 though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
rotfl

Thats temporary. Its going to be carbon fiber soon.
CF huh? Hmmmm, I've been contemplating whether CF goodies (front lip, wing) would look good with my '05 CO Elise, but I wasn't sure. I've been trying to justify the GUT prices too.

I'm interested to see what it looks like in CF instead.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Yeah supposedly Perry is promising pics but I have not seen any yet.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
This has been posted before, but to me it seems a bit silly to put a glass cover over a toyota 4 banger.

It's kinda like serving twinkies on crystal.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My Alternative

I considered acrylic, plexiglas and other clear/smoked options before I decided on this approach. :up:

Too much potential for scratching, yellowing and cracking of those materials.

Saved weight and offers a peek at the engine without baring it all. ;)

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
This has been posted before, but to me it seems a bit silly to put a glass cover over a toyota 4 banger.

or peasant under glass

·
Registered
539 Posts
I considered acrylic, plexiglas and other clear/smoked options before I decided on this approach. :up:

Too much potential for scratching, yellowing and cracking of those materials.

Saved weight and offers a peek at the engine without baring it all. ;)

Regards,
Wayne
OMG THAT"S F-ING SICK!:drool::coolnana:
did this require any cutting/ fab work other than forming the screen and trimming to fit, I was thinking about doing this to the lid but have not seen it yet! Oh that rocks!:coolnana:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

My twinkies will have over 300hp at the crank when it's back together. The twinkie compartment will be pleasing to the eye with fresh engine paint, CF spark plug cover and supercharger components.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts