The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea wont hurt to try and get the seller to ship it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thats a good price I picked up mine for 1200 but it had the case plus the new seal for the glass top.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There weren't any on the market when I was looking for one, so I ended up ordering all the bits and pieces from Lotus and assembling it myself. If I recall correctly, it totaled somewhere around $1200 as well (including the gasket).

·
Registered
252 Posts
That is a fair price. Local pick-up only though.
In the past I've arranged to have the seller drop the item at a local UPS store, they're often willing to do that. You can have UPS charge your card to pack and ship it, just talk to the store manager beforehand.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Son of a B*tch! Story of my life, day late and a buck short. Just got back in the office and it's sold.

Good lookin out G8nightman

·
Registered
913 Posts
I convinced a ebay seller to end his auction within an hour of listing one for $500 with a BIN of $800 about 2 years ago, SCORE I thought, until it arrived in a million pieces of glass with a couple mixed in hinges and tabs. What a bummer that was. All I can say is the roof is huge and must be real thin cause it looked packed well from what I could see. Insured though. Still don't have one.

·
Super Moderator
4,042 Posts
Son of a B*tch! Story of my life, day late and a buck short. Just got back in the office and it's sold.
[snip]
It's literally just PURE luck. Keep vigilant when looking - given the rarity, it's the only way to pounce on one.

On the Yahoo Turbo Esprit list, someone posted an Esprit glass top for sale. I saw the posting in real time. Factory original glass top (not the metal-framed plexiglass model I've heard about).

I was at work, with the 88 Esprit, with the composite ALREADY OFF (it was summer of 2012) and get this - the seller was 1 mile away from my office.

In minutes I was at his office trying the top out - nice. Told him I would buy tomorrow with cash if the boss approved. He held it and the rest was history.

And judging by this thread, you'd cry if I told you what I paid :drool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts