The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Have you tried contacts with one eye's vision set for distance and the other set for reading the dash? That works well for me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Get some sports eye glasses with straight earpieces which you can just push into the helmet, for instance, I got some Oakleys. They can make some pretty strong corrective lenses and they're designed not to slide around on your head when doing sports, and I find that they stay put under my helmet.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Bring your helmet to the eyeglass store!!

I bought new glasses tonight and, for some silly reason, I brought my helmet with me to the store.

I had picked out new frames that I really liked and was doing all the paperwork when I told the salesperson I needed to try the helmet on before finalizing the purchase.

Good thing I did. New glasses didn't fit under the helmet! :wallbang:

I ended up with a different frame (which I liked just as much), but this one fit perfectly with the helmet.

Lesson learned. Bring your helmet with you if you're getting new glasses. :up:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I simply can't wear glasses - my correction is over 12 in each eye and the slightest movement of the lenses over bumps etc makes it too hard to run 100%.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I don't have any problems even with some fairly thick plastic frame Rayban glasses or my Wayfarer sunglasses. I did snap a leg on some thin metal frame glasses with the spring hinge.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts