The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amazing. But this is life. I don't always agree with everybody and they don't always agree with me.

I made a reply. I defended the Committee.

Just like SCNAX dosen't like the negative, niether does the Committee.

I have gotten caught up in something that I don't like myself.

My posting for the most part has been tamed. This last topic is heated.

I have always tried to do what's I believe is good for the sport.

A couple of things that I have done to help. 1 Changed the formula for the points making closer races. Plus side, the attendance increased in the later events because the class wasn't locked up. 2. Changed the rule for events from run to run work. The club that put on the event worked it all day and didn't
run.

I've also had many ideas turned down, and some that others brought forward and past.

I have been in everybody's dog house. Been there, done that. Been called a "pot stirrer", just because I make things known.

I have been critical about the Committee and E-Board.

Now I made a critical comment, a SCNAX member, and defended the Committee.

Okay, a mistake. Nobody or Club is perfect. We all make errors and we learn from these.

I shall get back on the wall. Think about CalClub SCNAX group. Let you decide if my comments warrent my removeal from this group/list. I will stay as a SD member.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Removal?

i don't think we need to go that far, i mean if we booted everybody that had a small squabble, we'd get nowhere and we'd be angry about it.

It's impossible for us to agree on everything, so as long as it dosen't get way out of hand, there's no need for evassive action at this time.

IMHO

·
Registered
146 Posts
Darryl is right. Please don't overreact Glenn, you are a valued contributor to our club. I guess I could have done a better job explaining myself. It's just that I get tired of hearing how hard it is being an e-board member, how tough it is putting on events. It is and we certainly know that after hosting two of them in our first year. And they were sucessful due to hard work and lots of up front planning. I think that Jay's comments on E-Board events were primarily directed to the fact that the E-Board events don't seem to have the same pre-event preparation that club events do.

Art

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was thinking that you were doing a good thing by making us think of both sides! It is good for someone to play the role of the opposite side, whether they believe what they are saying or not.

I like to say things that make people think....like....Why is Cheese Yellow?

But seriously, I don't think that anyone wants you to go away.

Sounds to me like someone is feeling guilty.
Were you a naughty boy Glen?

We still love ya

·
Registered
171 Posts
Listen Steve,
If it is green...step away from it slowly. Pick up the phone and call someone who cares! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts