The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, my car is just about done and I got a progress picture.

Things got a little confused on both ends and my access panels ended up being painted matte...they were originally gloss and I loved them.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and here's how they looked in gloss...which I really did like.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm not sure why this is a question. It's your car, it should be done how you want it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dang it, I knew someone was going to say that haha I know that. In the end it's what I want.

Just wanted some opinions on the look of the Matte panels. I don't hate it, but and a little torn between the two.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,956 Posts
I actually like them matched with the matte. Maybe if the roof was gloss, or like mentioned a while back a gloss stripe, then I may like them gloss better.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going back to gloss....

The bat will soon rise again!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the gloss panels. But if they are matte now. I'd see if they could do that gloss racing stripe down the middle. But I feel bad about having people do more work.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'd personally go matte black with a gloss black stripe down the center, exactly what TauriJames mentioned. It'll give it the final edition Exige look.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the gloss panels. But if they are matte now. I'd see if they could do that gloss racing stripe down the middle. But I feel bad about having people do more work.
I wanted the stripes so badly, that would perfectly finish the car....but the quote was $1k for a vinyl stripe.

I couldn't justify it. That's more than it generally costs to have a stripe painted on.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd personally go matte black with a gloss black stripe down the center, exactly what TauriJames mentioned. It'll give it the final edition Exige look.

this was my exact goal. I sent the pictures to the shop in hopes of it happening.

It's beautiful! but I won't do it for $1k. or anywhere near that cost. :(

I really thought I was getting stripes! I'm pretty disappointed. But at least I'm getting the car back.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do the stripe yourself!
no, I'm not that qualified haha I wouldn't want to try it.

I got a local quote of $5-600, but I'm so cheap i can't even justify that! It's just a sticker haha

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I personally think it looks better matte, but it's your car.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like how the gloss sort of offsets the matte paint. It'll look good. I just want my car back already!

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Your car looks great :up:

Matte all the way. Unless you are going to add CF then you may want to consider gloss CF as accent.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ken, just do the stripe yourself. Who cares if you screw up? Every person here that has worked on their cars has screwed up, and learned from it. It's the beauty of having a car like this, is it is infinitely workable. I've never torn apart a starter, or redone a cars gauges, or installed scoops, or reinforced a shifter, or put new badges on, etc.
The worst that can happen is you throw away $70 in vinyl. The best that can happen is you learn something and when they compliment the stripe you say "I did that" (with a s--t eating grin on your face).

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I much prefer matte. In gloss, it kind of gives me a "bags under the eyes" vibe against the glossy windshield.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts