The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this glove box to cover up open areas along "Dash Panel Lower/Stowage Shelf". And it keeps original look of the AC control.
It is a "push-push" open door design. The door surface remains flat
Here are some pictures. Sorry for the low quality pictures. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it!

Looking forward to brighter pictures.

Are you going to be selling these?

Yes, I am thinking to sell it. But, price and leadtime are not yet confirmed. This is still a prototype (Final prototype). I have to follow up the information with manufacturer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I made this glove box to cover up open areas along "Dash Panel Lower/Stowage Shelf". And it keeps original look of the AC control.
It is a "push-push" open door design. The door surface remains flat
Here are some pictures. Sorry for the low quality pictures. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Love it. I wondered about doing something similar but mount my DashDaq to the area where your door is. I am surprised others haven't made something like this to mount gauges or gps. They may need to be angled toward the driver, but it would be an easy place to mount.

What if it were made of aluminum like the rest of the interior and the AC control would screw into the backside, thereby removing it's shroud?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love it. I wondered about doing something similar but mount my DashDaq to the area where your door is. I am surprised others haven't made something like this to mount gauges or gps. They may need to be angled toward the driver, but it would be an easy place to mount.

What if it were made of aluminum like the rest of the interior and the AC control would screw into the backside, thereby removing it's shroud?

It is made of aluminum, and it is very light weight. However, It is painted in black to match the interior color.

I have made one with removing it's shroud and screw the AC control into the backside. But, it did not turn out right. Here is the link with some pictures.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/fs-complete-solution-bezels-kit-glove-box-ac-control-83922/

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Production

I have received the production. Here are couple pictures for your references. It will be $250, including both passanger side (with open window) and driver side. I have couple sets available, but I probably can only ship out 2 sets because I will be travelling to Asia on Sunday. PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
PM Sent.

FYI - we need better photos:

- close up of finish
- picture of it uninstalled

More info:

- how does it open/close?
- how much does it weigh?
- what is it made out of?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM Sent.

FYI - we need better photos:

- close up of finish
- picture of it uninstalled

More info:

- how does it open/close?
- how much does it weigh?
- what is it made out of?

Here is a picture of piece parts
I have included picture of finish. It has the same texture as interior plastic
It is a push-to-open window
It is ~0.8lb
It is made by aluminum

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a very direct installation. The first installation only takes 15 minutes. It can also be taken off anytime (2 mintues) if you need to work on the AC control.
There is no screw holes or tapes needed. There is no modification or painting needed on your car.
All the parts are included for the completed glovebox.

·
Registered
409 Posts
WOW! Your whole interior is carpet!!! Thats pretty awesome!

This is a very nice product and im very torn!

I love the raw look of the interiors of our cars but also love the sophisticated look of the Europa and Evora. I cant decide which direction i want to take with my Exige.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW! Your whole interior is carpet!!! Thats pretty awesome!

This is a very nice product and im very torn!

I love the raw look of the interiors of our cars but also love the sophisticated look of the Europa and Evora. I cant decide which direction i want to take with my Exige.

Thanks 1FSTREX.
The glovebox is not only good looking, but it is also very useful too. :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
WOW Aikshii that looks amazing!!! Good job!! I may have to get one..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'd buy it. But I'd buy anything.

Looks really nice.

+1 on some good pictures in the sun light.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Close up pictures and video

I have taken some close up pictures and a video. Let me know what you think.

Video:
Action 1 - Light tab to partial open
Action 2 - Tab to full open
Action 3 - Slam it hard to open/close

Attachments

1 - 20 of 125 Posts