The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a easy fix , that I can do, for a glove box that won't close? Or do I have to take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Check along the contact area (the edge) to see if there are any obstructions preventing the box from closing all the way.

to my knowledge there is one phillips screw along the left edge that can leave an indentation in the edge of the box..

·
Registered
831 Posts
What's a Lotus glovebox?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
85K for an Evora and the glove box won't close rotfl

Welcome to the world of Lotus :UK:

To fix this:

Get yourself a BFH, Big F'n Hammer and beat it down, that's the British way.
Then you paint the marred interior to match the rest.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Couple of Drywall screws should work..... I'd get the coated ones tho.....all Lotus cars leak, and you wouldn't want them to rust.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Loosen up the fasteners, realign and it will close. I goofed up mine once when removing for another item and it was a trick to get aligned. Can happen to any glove box if it gets a loose screw or fastener.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
also take note of what is in there...it seems that as it closes there are things that can block it attached to the dash if something in your glove box sticks up, with no rhyme or reason at least in mine....I have to sometimes rearrange my contents a bit to get it to close

·
Registered
389 Posts
Lotus glove compartments are supposed to close?? Rather than a compartment, mine is more of a glove "hollowed-out tray area that collects road dust but repels intentionally-placed contents".

I'm not even sure why it's there, except that gloves certainly come in handy if you try to drive the Lotus in 15 degree weather (with the hard top on), in which case you will need gloves, a hat, a down coat, long underwear, and insulated driving boots.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Did you put the owner's manual in there? The plastic envelope which contains the manuals is too big to fit in the glovebox. Go figure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the "useful" advice. Loosening the fastners and realigning worked. The only thing I keep in the "glovebox" is registration and the iPhone cord.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Well perhaps the Evora's glovebox was designed to fit gloves and not packs of bubble gum, glocks, shurikens...and all the other crazy stuff some of you Lotus owners out there keep in the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts