The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Justin Gocke (Brother) on behalf of Nathan Gocke Member of LT and MM.

Just so you guys know, Nathan was injured in a surf accident and is currently facing many months of rehab. He has sustained a spinal injury, and as of now does not have the use of his legs. He wanted to let you guys know cause he will be off the site for a while, but is looking forward to getting back on the road. I will try to keep you updated from time to time. We have set up a site at
Support Nathan Gocke Thanks

On a personal note from me (ZTEC), Nathan is reading this and it is not about soliciting $$$$$ Any words of encouragement will be appreciated, This is a life altering experience that can happen to any one of us! Thank you for those that have donated and/or posted
Nick

:UPDATE:
Here is a Youtube clip of Nathan and his progress.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ANbmt4Adwk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ANbmt4Adwk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
So sorry to hear. He'll be in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Best wishes for a full recovery.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Nathan, get well soon, man. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Nathan, hang tough.
We're all behind you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Life rolls on

When my son was at Malibu High School one of his best friends sustained a spinal injury, he started a foundation called "Life Rolls On", his name is Jesse Bilbauer, his site my be of help to your brother, God Bless!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I had a colleague who broke his back in a wind surfing accident, sustaining a spinal cord injury and lost the use of his legs. It took a long time and a lot of work, but he regained full function and only those of us who knew him before his accident can tell he walks with a slightly different gait. He is back wind surfing regularly.

Nathan, I hope that you also have a full (and speedy) recovery.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
best of luck with your recovery!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Very sorry to hear this.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Keep your thoughts positive and you will be back to surfing and your Lotus sooner than you think!

·
Registered
591 Posts
This hits home also being an avid surfer.

Donating

·
Registered
817 Posts
Get well soon. Remember- mind over matter!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Hope all turns out well.;) Good luck with your recovery. Hard to be injured while doing something you are passionate about.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I am reading all these "Best wishes for a speedy recovery" and "mind over matter", But I am sensing that "doesn't have use of his legs" is serious.

I saw a talk a few years ago by a guy that is a para, and kyaked (sp) all over Alaska, and did a bunch of first PP ascents rock climbing, (I think in Yosemite).
It was pretty inspiring. He said he thought to himself one day, "well - I am gunna need some new sports".
He was living his life with an amazing amount of passion and grace.

Good luck with the recovery.
Remember that when the hand you've been dealt looks bad, some people have it worse.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
God bless. I hope that he makes a good recovery too, at the very least we should applaud this guy for living unafraid and doing things that truly make him happy. I have alot of respect for surfers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts