The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting the car ready for x-country. Gonna change the old stock wiper w/ a 24" Bosch. Read in the owners maual to depress the retaining clip to remove the old blade. Assuming this is like pinching it up towards the blade body? Rather than pulling it down? Does it matter if I break that little piece of $%^& Offf? I can't get this thing out to save my life. Considering removing the arm from the car to do it. Guess it's a tight fit....

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Maybe the designed it like th 05 fuel pumps! Haha

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was near the point of bending the damn arm - it might be "stuck" or something - i'm going to pull the arm off the car tonight, then I can work on it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I know this isn't much help, as I have a bosch on there now and I don't remember how I took the factory one off..but I do remember it took like 30 seconds and not that much force..

so with that in mind, be careful not to break anything?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
preservation is my goal... :)
And I too, was expecting the 30 second thing...
Getting ready to pull the front clam to change the wiper blade....

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Assuming you have bosch..
Squeeze the ridged tabs and tilt up the plastic cap which goes over the wiper arm. Push the wiper towards the the wiper motor, Lift the metal loop on the wiper arm which captures the wiper blade, pull wiper blade away from the wiper motor, slides right off.
Be careful to not let the metal end of the wiper arm smack your windshield when the blade is removed; chips or cracks in the windshield can result. Operation takes less than 30 seconds (I just stepped outside to test it). Installation is reverse of removal.
If you need pictures of the operation, let me know.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Assuming you have bosch..
Squeeze the ridged tabs and tilt up the plastic cap which goes over the wiper arm. Push the wiper towards the the wiper motor, Lift the metal loop on the wiper arm which captures the wiper blade, pull wiper blade away from the wiper motor, slides right off.
Be careful to not let the metal end of the wiper arm smack your windshield when the blade is removed; chips or cracks in the windshield can result. Operation takes less than 30 seconds (I just stepped outside to test it). Installation is reverse of removal.
If you need pictures of the operation, let me know.
very nice of you to volunterer.

just got it. Removal was the problem, the blade was on really really tight - almost like the wiper arm was too thick. Finally got it off, applied a thin coat of wd-40 on the "U", and fought to get the new one all the way on. Seems like a great blade - test it tomorrow durig the car wash. You can let everyone know clam removal was not nessescary :).
HK - BOSCH Icon 24A. The 24" blade looks much better on the car IMO. Still looks big. It was like $22 at Amazon.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
There's an easy fix for next time. Try lowering the brake fluid level to about half way, that in turn releases the back pressure created by the wiper blade...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts