The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KK...so i just graduated out of college and doing my thing got two fulltime jobs..yes two FULLTIME!. anyways im working hard and its all going to an exige I JUST LOVE THE CAR...and cause of the k20 swapp mmmmmmm sexual lOL

I NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCES!

the differences in the years what is offered to what isnt
how much they should be going for as looked at by year
any sort of things i should avoid if looking at/ going to buy 1
and anything else i should know about pretty much any sort of guidelines that a 1st time lotus buyer should encounter and know

i really hope u guys will help me out...my dream is exige K20 Swap!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
and caue of the k20 swapp mmmmmmm sexual lOL

i really hope u guys will help me out...my dream is exige K20 Swap!
What k20 swap are you going to do? And by that I mean do you have some sort of kit in mind, or are you going to be doing this yourself?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
the reason you don't see k20 swaps in the yamaha powered cars is that it is just simply not worth the effort.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the 2ZZ-GE is already a good motor; the K20 assembly adds so much weight that your power ratio remains effectively unchanged while diminishing handling by a couple hundred extra pounds, which is a lot in a two-thousand pound car designed around handling as its foremost asset...

2ZZ-GE - 250 lbs - 190 BHP (10.4 lb/HP)
K20A - 480 lbs - 220 BHP (10.1 lb/HP)
(approximate specifications, naturally-aspirated stock motors)

...you're basically trading a 12% loss in handling for a 3% improvement in accelleration...

·
Registered
519 Posts
the reason you don't see k20 swaps in the yamaha powered cars is that it is just simply not worth the effort.
You mean Toyota, right? Yamaha had a hand in the design, mostly the head, but its still Toyota. I guess it sounds more glorious to call it a Yamaha engine... :)

To the original poster, do some reading on this site. You seem to be full of import car enthusiasum, which is not bad, but you have to realize these cars with there stock package are great. This car is better than the driver 90% of the time. And if you are after high horsepower, Lotus is not for you. Lotus is more about weight reduction than added power.

My advise is to read and research. Check how much insurance will be. Understand this car might not suit your daily driving, especially if you live in snowy areas. A daily driver might need to e budgeted in. There is no need to rush into a purchase, especially in todays economy.

Enjoy being done with college. Do you really want to tie up a lot of your funds in a car? I know I did when I graduated, but it was offset by being able to live at home for a few years and build up my savings. Im just trying to say factor everything in, dont just buy on emotion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To answer everyones questions

1. Im from Toronto
2. I want to know more information about the K20 swap...like ive seen it on youtube done a little bit of research but not enough to give enough reason to do it, Like i know the k20 against stock kills it, but does it change the handling and everything like does it change the fundamentals of what the car specializes in, like example putting in a 2JZ motor(Supra Motor) in a Honda S2000...it would change its 50/50 ratio.
3. yeah since i live in toronto it would be my summer car and i would be under my dad for insurence

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
LOL.... gimmie gimmie gimmie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
soooooo....from your knowlege and not sure if u know sumone personally who has a k20 swap...but even though its changed by apprx 200lbs are they still happy with EVERYTHING...like in and out GOOD/BAD?

& if i was to get th swap i dont know anyone personally in toronto so i would possibly come to the states and get it done.

Btw...so whats the differences between the years...like im sure theres different codes for the car...as in example Honda Civic... EF,EG,EK

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
well theres a Exige, Exige S, Exige S240, Exige S260

·
Registered
852 Posts
Good Lord. Why does the same thread pop up every six months? My daddy's going to buy me one, I'm too lazy to read or follow anyone's suggestions, I'm going to make a bunch of mods that are nearly impossible, it's going to be my "summer" car, I still haven't read anything but why hasn't anyone given me all the answers yet...

·
Registered
232 Posts
You must know there is a exige for sale in toronto right now.
Also you must know you can not import a US car to canada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1. Daddy buying me a car...**** that broski...its called working ur ass off for the things u want....

2. im asking for the 411 cause ive looked thru the threads and exactly i thought sumone would of already posted something simular.

3. I dont know of this exige for sale?, and you can import cars from the U.S LMAOO my family does it all the time

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
3. I dont know of this exige for sale?, and you can import cars from the U.S LMAOO my family does it all the time
I do believe he's talking specifically about the Lotus Elise/Exige.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You sound quite young so I'm curious what your level of performance driving is. If you're new to performance cars and you're looking for a less expensive car, I suggest you get the non-supercharged Exige and learn to drive it. It'll be many years before you will reach the limits of the car IMO. Also forget about doing a swap to the K20. As others have said, it's not worth the effort and expense. Also keep in mind that the cars are quite a bit more expensive here.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Good luck with that.

TRANSPORT CANADA OR THE REGISTRAR OF IMPORTED VEHICLES CANNOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS LIST. THE INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

LOTUS

ADMISSIBLE
1994 AND 1995 Esprit S4
1995 Esprit S4S
1997 TO 2004 Esprit V8

INADMISSIBLE
All other Lotus models are inadmissible.

NOTES
See explanations section.

·
Registered
232 Posts
1. Daddy buying me a car...**** that broski...its called working ur ass off for the things u want....

2. im asking for the 411 cause ive looked thru the threads and exactly i thought sumone would of already posted something simular.

The link for the Exige
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f105/exige-s-sale-toronto-67220/

I'd like you to show me how to import a Exige or Elise :wallbang:
Feel free to PM with instructions. I tried everything before I purchased my overpiced CDN elise

1 - 20 of 63 Posts