The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Yes the factory does do tours and they are great. Visit

Track Activities

If you think you can pilot a RH Lotus at speed consider their high performance driving classes.

Home - Lotus Sport Driving Academy

If you have any interest in the Lotus racing history visit

Home

Visit the local Lotus dealer Stratton Motor Company.

Stratton Motorcompany | Home | Norwich | Used Aston Martin | Used Lotus | Used Morgan | Used Cars | Heritage | Racing | Servicing | Parts | Restoration | Bodyshop

They often have amazing things in inventory

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great info, thanks. Looks like my only day avail is Saturday Feb 28th. Doesn't look like the academy is up and running that day. Didn't see info on the tours. Does anyone know if they are avail on the weekends?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Tours were on Wednesdays only last year. I would call and ask.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I toured the factory about 3 or 4 years ago. From what I remember I went on a weekday, so I'm not sure if they do tours on the weekends. I just called them the day before to set it up:

Group Lotus plc
Potash Lane Hethel
Norfolk NR14 8EZ

Tel +44 (0)1953 608000

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Excellent! I was looking for the same info. Michelle and I are heading to England in September (19th - 30th) and I want to do a factory tour and then get some time on the track (in a 2-11 would be fantastic, it might make me buy one).

So am I looking at two trips to do this? A Wednesday tour and then a Saturday drive up to take the class?

Is there any way for me to arrange some time on the track on Wednesday? How long is the tour?

It looks like the Silver class on Saturday the 26th of September is the class that would overlap with our stay. That said, the content for the Silver class doesn't look that compelling for someone with my experience (250+ sessions on track).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Everyone

I host the tour of the factory, and offer a look around Classic Team Lotus. Unfortunatley the factory tours are only available on a Wednesday.

Let me know your time schedule and I can see what I can put together.

Contact me on [email protected]

Some of you might be interested in a five day tour I'm putting together for members of Lotus LTD club. September time is the plan at the moment, again contact me for more details.

All the best

Richard Parramint

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Richard, if I may hijack this thread for a minute. Some of us are thinking of coming over for Goodwood Revival. If at all possible the Lotus tour can be that week prior, that might work well for us.

·
Registered
365 Posts
my wife and I are heading to Rieti, Italy around Sept 12 for a friend's wedding and we'll be making a stop by Hethel either before or after. haven't worked out the details yet. It'll be our first trip across the pond.

(also considering tours of some Italian automakers if they are available) :D

Richard, you'll be hearing from me in the near future I think.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
A revival of the Revival tour? :drool:

Yep. At this stage not sure how crazy we want to get. But it sure was a great trip, so why not do it again? And just maybe... Germany might have to be snuck in there too. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sweet - I will be in the UK the end of May :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Watch out for that Richard Parramint guy! He will drink your booze and wink at your wife.

Seriously, everyone I have talked with that have taken one of his tours has had a great time. This includes people who had never visited England and those who had visited Lotus multiple times.

For those who are bad with names. He is the crazy English guy who has been master of ceremonies at a few LOGs. He brought is bride of 35 years to LOG 28 at Indy.:clap:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wish to distance myself from the last speaker.....

Watch out for that Richard Parramint guy! He will drink your booze and wink at your wife.

I am teetotal and have a facial tick!

Seriously, everyone I have talked with that have taken one of his tours has had a great time. This includes people who had never visited England and those who had visited Lotus multiple times.

I have had lot's of folks from the U.S. over on Lotus tours and never lost any of them...except this one chap, his name was Jimmy Hoffa. He got off the plane and kept on running........

For those who are bad with names. He is the crazy English guy who has been master of ceremonies at a few LOGs. He brought is bride of 35 years to LOG 28 at Indy.

'Crazy'....now Charlie Manson he is crazy (hope he doesn't read LT), Michael Jackson he is crazy. I have also been told by some deluded Americans that I look like Benny Hill......Brad Pitt I can understand, Elvis at a push, but Benny frikin Hill....please....

Seriously, anyone coming over to Great Britain ( if it wasn't for us English you wouldn't have Iced tea) send me an email and I will see what I can put together.

All the best

Richard

PS Thanks Dean for the nice comments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In January, I did a "Scare Yourself Sensible Day". It cost £89 (normally £99) and it includes 1.5 hour factory tour followed by 20 min driving instruction at speed around the test track (you driving) in an elise S. The day is topped off by being taken on a couple of high speed demonstration laps by your instructor.

This was done on a Saturday.

Email Lisa Dann at the factory for info LDann AT lotuscars.co.uk

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Sweet - I will be in the UK the end of May :)
Where abouts in the UK because the 29th of may is my 18th and to top it off for a good weekend, im going to a trackday on the 30th of may if your here then? you might want to come along and meet some of the UK lotus owners :shrug:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts