The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you Floridians know if there will be a demo car near St. Pete in November? I am going to be there for business Nov 12 - Nov 16.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Got a couple of good restaurant suggestions

--The Garden in downtown St. Pete, very quaint, kinda bohemian
--Ceviche Just a block off Bayshore on Howard in Tampa, good tapas joint
--The Mirage, good Iranian food on courtney campbell causway, W of US19 in Clearwater

enjoy

·
Registered
818 Posts
your just in time for the tampa auto show which will have the demo that is at dimmitt rightnow till the end of the auto show.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Craig, you should call Dimmit and set up a test drive. That week the Elise will be at our autoshow. I'm not sure what down time the car will have to be prepared and transported to the show. Also, they typically don't handle walk ups very well. You really need to make an appointment with them or you may not even be able to speak to a salesperson or drive the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Dimmitt and talked to CJ (lotus guy I guess). When I told him that I am coming in on business and was hoping to get a chance to sit in the Elise to see if I fit (6'5")n he said, "You don't."

I then said that I would like to try anyway and we determined that the car would be at the show the whole time I am in town (no chance to drive:( ).

I then tried to get a verbal okay to come to the show and sit in it (get past the velvet ropes). He said something about a can of worms being opened, but that he would look into it.

Seems like a nice guy. I hope he can work it out.

Craig

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I would bet that in person, they will allow you to sit in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts