The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question is... who else is flying in to LOG28 and not driving a Lotus (or Lotus like car)? I was going to drive the Noble, but after my last trip... I just don't have the time for another roadtrip right now. I can still fly in... but then I won't be able to do the autocross or track day.

Anyone else flying in?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Question is... who else is flying in to LOG28 and not driving a Lotus (or Lotus like car)? I was going to drive the Noble, but after my last trip... I just don't have the time for another roadtrip right now. I can still fly in... but then I won't be able to do the autocross or track day.

Anyone else flying in?
I was going to tow the car up but i have a lotus challenge event the following weekend. I am going to be a spectator this time. Jim

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There are usually quite a few people who fly in and do a rental car. Some of the racers don't want to tow long distances for a car show and a one day track event unless the track is one of the big names. Some of the people who have the older cars don't want to drive long distances in cars without A/C.

We have been without a Lotus on 2 of the 17 LOGs. Once our Elan had a suspension failure (shops fault) the day we were supposed to leave. Once we couldn't take the time to drive cross country.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,943 Posts
There IS a rental car class for the Autocross. As long as you don't get something with a high center of gravity you can compete. (We got an SUV in Colorado last year...no autocross!!!!) :shrug: :mad:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Unfortunately I can't make this year's LOG, but I been known to use my "H**tz sponsored car into competition both at the AutoX and Track. Most often today's rentals are front drive and do much better with extra ballast (passengers) in the rear seat, lower tire pressure in the rears and left foot braking. Kinda fun to see a FWD car slide the arse around a corner! rotfl

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Unfortunately I can't make this year's LOG, but I been known to use my "H**tz sponsored car into competition both at the AutoX and Track. Most often today's rentals are front drive and do much better with extra ballast (passengers) in the rear seat, lower tire pressure in the rears and left foot braking. Kinda fun to see a FWD car slide the arse around a corner! rotfl

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Thats the spirit. I cant wait to see rentals tearing up the auto-x. :lol:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There IS a rental car class for the Autocross. As long as you don't get something with a high center of gravity you can compete. (We got an SUV in Colorado last year...no autocross!!!!) :shrug: :mad:
Rental Company: Have you been parking facing traffic? There are scuff marks on all 4 sidewalls.

rotfl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts