The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i'm a noob to lotus products, but have been a car guy for 40 years. I finally ponied up and got my dream car, hopefully it is not a nightmare. very exited to pick it up tomorrow, she is canyon red metallic with cream interior, with only 381 miles, gonna put another 350 on it driving it back up to chicago.:) Picking it up in ohio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the model itself isn't my dream car, but owning a lotus is, ever since i saw an old esprit turn into a submarine in the 007 flick The spy who loved me. The elise is to small, because it has to be a DD and since i have kids, has to have 4 seats, so blammo lotus came out with the Evora and as of tomorrow i will have one.:D:D:D:nanner::nanner::nanner:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
the model itself isn't my dream car, but owning a lotus is, ever since i saw an old esprit turn into a submarine in the 007 flick The spy who loved me. The elise is to small, because it has to be a DD and since i have kids, has to have 4 seats, so blammo lotus came out with the Evora and as of tomorrow i will have one.:D:D:D:nanner::nanner::nanner:
The Evora WILL BE YOUR DREAM CAR, as soon as you drive it on a back road.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice choice on the color combo, same as mine. Don is wright you will love the way it drives. Is it from a dealer? What is the build date? Check and see what updates have been performed. And last but not least, enjoy the drive home.
Ron:shift:

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
You'll be shocked at how SMOOOTH!!! it is for a sports car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You mus be getting the one at Lotus of Cleveland. For a used vehicle it is extremely clean. nice color combo. I seen it on their showroom when looking at the 2 new Evora's they got in and the new McLaren MP4 12c

Congrats! hope you enjoy it! At least it is an extremely comfortable car for the long drives.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mus be getting the one at Lotus of Cleveland. For a used vehicle it is extremely clean. nice color combo. I seen it on their showroom when looking at the 2 new Evora's they got in and the new McLaren MP4 12c

Congrats! hope you enjoy it! At least it is an extremely comfortable car for the long drives.
It was lotus of cleveland, they had a nice spyker there too. I doubled the mileage driving her back and it even was rained probably for the first time in her life. I went down the checklist
1) AC strong and cold so far.
2) Windows sealed the rain out at least
3) Transmission solid with no major jittering so far at least.
4) Door locks open and close like a dream.
5) cruise control solid

my only complaints were that the dealer had no allweather mats for the car and that they forgot to give me the service schedule, does anyone have it or have a link to it. The salesman was great, his name is Mark Thomas and i highly recommend him. He would of had me out of there in an hour except that they had to mount the front license plate. Could only go 60-65 on the way back so as to break her in properly, but very enjoyable ride. I will post pics tomorrow. Had the dealer install clear bra and back up camera. Car has tech pack, sport pack, sport gearbox, premium pack, premium audio, metallic paint, and forged silver wheels according to the original window sticker. original sticker had 77470.00 i got it for 56500.00 with the back up camera and clear bra included. All in all a great experience so far.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Congrats Rehab. Sounds like you got a stellar deal on it! Best of luck and happy, trouble-free motoring.

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
You need to put that motor thru a few sets of gears on occasion. Lugging along at low rpm is not proper technique. If you you've got 500 miles on her you should at least be visiting ~5000rpms periodically. This helps everything seat better and ultimately produce more HP. They just don't want you driving hundreds of miles at a constant rpm (harmonics) or constantly maintaining high rpms but running thru the gears is good for her!!
By the time you got home if it was me I'd have given her a good run thru the gears up to normal mode limits at least once or twice. NONE OF MY CARS EVER BURN OIL AND ALWAYS DYNO AT HIGHER END OF THEIR PEERS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need to put that motor thru a few sets of gears on occasion. Lugging along at low rpm is not proper technique. If you you've got 500 miles on her you should at least be visiting ~5000rpms periodically. This helps everything seat better and ultimately produce more HP. They just don't want you driving hundreds of miles at a constant rpm (harmonics) or constantly maintaining high rpms but running thru the gears is good for her!!
By the time you got home if it was me I'd have given her a good run thru the gears up to normal mode limits at least once or twice. NONE OF MY CARS EVER BURN OIL AND ALWAYS DYNO AT HIGHER END OF THEIR PEERS.
It didn't make sense to do some high rpm revs and then run it for 7 hours on the way home, but today definitely i'll take her out and put her through her paces. I guess the owners manual says the same thing u did, but at 600 miles, which she is at 790 now. I quote from the manual

" For the first 600 miles use no more than moderate throttle openings (about half the available accelerator pedal travel) and do not run the engine continuosly at engine speeds over 4000 rpms. Occasional short bursts at wider throttle and higher engine speed will be beneficial as will a constantly changing cruising speed and making full use of the gearbox."

Today I plan to row through the gears a little, maybe one or two WOT.:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
congrats, enjoy the car! It's been a great transition for me as well!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Here are some pics, sorry phone pics.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I like your rims, curious how your car did not have a backup camera from the factory. I know it was a stand alone option. But with the tech package, I would think it would have it.
Ron:shrug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts