The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Golden Gate Lotus Club is will be staging it's next track event at Reno-Fernley Raceway on Friday, May 21. This event is open to all types of cars. This track day will be run in conjunction with our West Coast Lotus Meet in South Lake Tahoe May 21-23. This annual gathering of Lotus cars from around the country will be highlighted by the West Coast introduction of the new Lotus Elise. The factory will have new cars available to WCLM entrants
for test drives throughout the weekend. The weekend events include trackday and dinner dance cruise in Friday, Autocross and concourse on Saturday, and some other events. Check the website if you're interested in the WCLM. http://www.gglotus.org/2004wclm/index.htm

You do not need to own a Lotus to attend WCLM or track day. The early bird price is $140 for GGLC members and WCLM participants and $165 for non-members. Anyone can join the GGLC for $25 by going to our website at www.gglotus.org After April 18, the price goes up to $160 for members, and $185 for non-members. Additional drivers sharing a car are only $50. We are restricting the entries to 50 cars maximum. You can pay through paypal at our website or print the entry and mail it in with a check. Please enter early to insure you get a spot. Entry forms are available at www.gglotus.org

We will be running the same format as our past events with 2 groups. Group A will have open passing, and group B will have restricted passing. All drivers with more than 5 track days experience will be allowed to go out in both groups for no extra charge if they like. It is essential that everyone observes the passing rules of the group that is on-track. Details of the
passing rules are available at www.gglotus.org YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE RULES BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE TRACK.

Some instructors will be available to help inexperienced drivers. Although instruction will be offered, it's essentially on an informal basis and up to the individual drivers to request assistance. First timers will be required to drive the first session with an instructor in the passenger seat.

Open top cars must have a roll bar. Factory installed roll bars are OK. Open wheeled cars will be allowed.

We are running a "self tech" inspection where you, the driver, are solely responsible for the safety of your car.

If you are interested in this or future track events, you must send a message to [email protected] to keep yourself updated of all the details. You can send questions to [email protected]

John Zender
GGLC Track Day Chairman

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks John, I was just looking for this information this morning. Great to know some of the new Elises will be there. I intend to be there. Do you know if the test drives are on the track or public roads?
Are there any others on EliseTalk going to attend?
See ya there! Cheers, Adamant.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adamant said:
Do you know if the test drives are on the track or public roads?
See ya there! Cheers, Adamant.
Adamant,
Just to clarify, the GGLC Track Day can entered separately from the West Coast Lotus Meet and require separate entries. A lot of folks are doing both.

Test drives will be conducted by LCU and the three sponsoring dealers - BMC SF, Smith Lotus & SVAG. The test drives will exclusively for WCLM entrants. At least one of the dealers has said they will have their demo at the track. The rest of the demos will be held on public roads or at the WCLM Autocross.

In addition demo/test drives will be available from Birkin and Caterham.

Kiyoshi
West Coast Lotus Meet - May 20-23 - Lake Tahoe
www.gglotus.org/2004wclm

·
Registered
347 Posts
adamant said:

Most definitely! :D

My guess is there will be a fair number of the NoCal (svag threads) folks there. Hopefully the SoCal elisetalk contingent will have a big presence too!
Kiyoshi can probably provide rough numbers when we get closer.
It will be great to have some face-to-face elisetalk commiseration(and cars to drool in) to help make the wait more bearable.

Larry

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can accomodate EliseTalkers... some ideas...

If EliseTalk folks post to the WCLM Group list or email me I can add something to their ID badge (to signify EliseTalk), or we can arrange to set-up a table or special area at the reception for EliseTalkers...

Kiyoshi
Chair 2004 WCLM

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I think Ed Oblad and I will be coming with a bunch of the CO guys. I'm curious if non Lotus cars are allowed on the track day? I'm not sure hwat car Ed will bring or if he has decided on tracking it either yet.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
adamant said:
I think Ed Oblad and I will be coming with a bunch of the CO guys. I'm curious if non Lotus cars are allowed on the track day? I'm not sure hwat car Ed will bring or if he has decided on tracking it either yet.
The short answer is that non-Lotus are welcome to the Track Day and can enter separately from the WCLM.

However there is a "bumping" order... WCLM entrants (Lotus & non-Lotus) will get priority, followed by non-WCLM Lotus track day entrants and finally non-WCLM+non-Lotus track day entrants.

We typically only take 50 or so entrants to assure that everyone gets quality track time. Our last Thunderhill event was a sell-out.

Kiyoshi
Chair-2004 WCLM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts