The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow up on my previous thread “Gold Finger”.

I got some SUHweeeeeet new wheels. Purchased approximately a year ago. Put them on this spring.

I’ll make a separate post about my thoughts regarding going up in tire/wheel size.

Wheels: 16x7 / 17x8 team dynamics. Gold. From Seriously Lotus in the UK.

I’m partial...but I think it’s a good look! I’ll include some photos in a few different lighting scenarios to give an idea of how they look.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm. I realize this should possibly go to the “wheel / tire” section of forum. If a mod thinks it appropriate, please move it. Or if I can tag a moderator in some way, maybe someone can teach me.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like it. My '59 Chevy Pickup and '03 911 are in black and gold. My Elise is Storm Titanium. I played with the idea of painting the factory wheels gold.

Kevin

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,336 Posts
These are the 'special edition' pro race, too, without the text around the outside of the rim...I've been wanting to get these exact wheels for my LRG Elise. It's been kind of hard to nail down exactly what they'll look like, because if you google the wheels, you get 6 or 7 different variations of 'gold'. I sort of expected they would be one of these two. @Narberry yours appear to be closer to the wheels on the right, agree?

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,336 Posts
Apparently, the 45mm domed Lotus stickers fit the TD center caps, if you're interested in making them look more factory.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are the 'special edition' pro race, too, without the text around the outside of the rim...I've been wanting to get these exact wheels for my LRG Elise. It's been kind of hard to nail down exactly what they'll look like, because if you google the wheels, you get 6 or 7 different variations of 'gold'. I sort of expected they would be one of these two. @Narberry yours appear to be closer to the wheels on the right, agree?
View attachment 1271963
Yes, I think my wheels match much closer to the picture on the right. I know that Seriously Lotus claims it's a special order color that matches the Lotus LF1 wheels. Whether or not that is the case, they seem similar to the photo on the right. And yes, these are the "special" version with no cast in lettering on the rim. I had good experience ordering them from England through Seriously Lotus.

Apparently, the 45mm domed Lotus stickers fit the TD center caps, if you're interested in making them look more factory.
I need to give that a try! thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts