The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I got a call from my friend George Gonzaba (of Gonzaba Autoplex the local Lotus dealer). He said, "I just got our demo off the truck and I am headed toward your house!"....

The car is yellow with the sports package and only part of the stone protection because the car is a demo. I was able to place about 30 miles on it this afternoon and all I can say is I am happy to have be patient all this time and not strayed from my original decision to purchase this car. The car is awkward in many ways, at first glance you are surprised how small the car is. Second, George had on some normal tennis shoes and was able to drive the car just fine! Last but not least, the vision from inside the car is good, not great but good! Me and my comfortable Steve Madden race car lookalike shoes were perfect for hell toe'ing and not once did I have any problems with the car (well 3rd gear will take some getting use to). I will post some pics of the shoes also!

Here are the pics. I left my front door with my camera and tri pod to snap some pics, I took 5 of them before George said "do you want take it for a spin". Meaning I didn't take any more pics! Sorry.......

I have full sized pics that are 2.5 meg each. I didn't have any place to upload them so I made some smaller versions, if you want the originals email me at "awp79 at swbell.net"...

Inital driving impressions are:
-Great driving position, just excellent!!
-GREAT sounding engine and exhaust!
-Very fast car, had to pass a 996, did so with ease.
-Fit and finish were surprisingly great.
-Sports suspension was VERY comfortable, another surprise.
-I did not push this car hard in the corners, but the steering response was unmatched by any other car I have driven.
-Overall this car was awesome!

I cant wait for my car to show up in September!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
:confused: Is that yellow or Chrome Orange? Looks very orange to me. Beautiful car. What size are his feet? If he had tenny's on I'm sure a size 8-9 could wear normal shoes. My size 12 ft don't fit so well. At least in the Euro version I test drove.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Thanks for posting. Nice job on the pics, the car looks sic! I look at it sometimes and can't imagine owning it. Maybe next week...please! How did the 3m coating job look on the yellow? Did the car get alot of attention driving it around with that color?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amcmahon said:
:confused: Is that yellow or Chrome Orange? Looks very orange to me. Beautiful car. What size are his feet? If he had tenny's on I'm sure a size 8-9 could wear normal shoes. My size 12 ft don't fit so well. At least in the Euro version I test drove.
I dont know the size of his shoes... My feet are a size 12 and I was able to drive with no problems with my narrow shoes.

Adam P

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice! With LSS option. Hooray Gonzaba!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1FASTMX5 said:
Thanks for posting. Nice job on the pics, the car looks sic! I look at it sometimes and can't imagine owning it. Maybe next week...please! How did the 3m coating job look on the yellow? Did the car get alot of attention driving it around with that color?
I did not see the lotus symbol in any of the clear bra on this car, so I think this coating to different from teh normal package. The coating looked great, from what I could tell it covered the entire front end of the car and was seamless from paint to covered area in color change.

Adam P

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
looks nice! finally LSS!

where are the other colors?! im getting tired of seeing yellow, ST, red, BRP!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
steuspeed said:
Vison would be much improved if you removed those WINDOW STICKERS!

rotfl

Ha, you are right.. . I didnt think to ask George to remove those stickers... However I didnt want to delay my test drive any longer, if ya know what I mean!! I have been sitting at home for the last year or more waiting for a test drive, we went 400 miles one way about 6 months ago just to sit in one of the pre-prod cars in Houston, so this was a great feeling!

Adam P

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Sweet! Yellow with Sport Pack, just like mine will be.
:clap:

amcmahon: The yellow has a slight orange tone to it. At least on my monitor, the pictures look more orange than it really is, though, especially the 3rd and 4th picture. The 2nd and 5th picture capture the color best.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
amcmahon said:
Saffron yellow. You may need to calibrate your monitor, it's pretty "true" on mine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mikester said:
Saffron yellow. You may need to calibrate your monitor, it's pretty "true" on mine.
I knew they ordered a CO car so when the car showed up at my house I swore the car was orange, but after 10 min it started to look more yellow.... :D

I liked it much more then I figured I would, the color that is!

Adam P

·
Registered
327 Posts
shay2nak said:
hey what's that leaking from under the front of the car?
"They All Do That":p

But seriously, at least it's leaking from the front. Don't forget where the engine is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
mikester said:
That yellow looks just like the color of that rice you get in spanish restautants. Can't remember what that rice is called ... :confused:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hans Stuck said:
That yellow looks just like the color of that rice you get in spanish restautants. Can't remember what that rice is called ... :confused:
Are you thinking of paella? A bit more than rice, of course.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts