The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.

If all goes well, I'll be taking delivery sometime this week. I was planning to put in some break-in miles this Saturday. The wife wants to head to Frankenmuth, but I don't remember that direction being terribly scenic. Anyone have some good routes they'd like to post, preferably non-interstate, with actual terrain? I know that living in southeast MI most of us seldom see any hills these days, but there's got to be some out there somewhere :)

And if it ends at some unique shopping destination (outlet stores, local shops, etc.) or some touristy area, all the better for my better half.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey folks.

If all goes well, I'll be taking delivery sometime this week. I was planning to put in some break-in miles this Saturday. The wife wants to head to Frankenmuth, but I don't remember that direction being terribly scenic. Anyone have some good routes they'd like to post, preferably non-interstate, with actual terrain? I know that living in southeast MI most of us seldom see any hills these days, but there's got to be some out there somewhere :)

And if it ends at some unique shopping destination (outlet stores, local shops, etc.) or some touristy area, all the better for my better half.

Thanks.
Take a run down US12 to the Irish Hills area and beyond. You could always then go north and come back throgh Chelsea, Dexter, Pinckney, jog up to the Milford area and take some of the back roads around the lakes up that way.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
karajabola You have a PM .......

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
ALSO: you might want to make our meeting ( www.greatlakeslotus.com ) on Tuesday the 1st at Auto Europe....They'll be a lot of information to be gotten then !...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Huron River Drive

Huron River Drive from Ann Arbor to Dexter is great in either direction. I beleive it was the road Clarkson from Top Gear tested the Ford GT on a few years back. Only problem is that the winter wasn't too kind to the A^2 side so its a bit bumpy towards that end. As an added plus, you get to drive past Lotus Engineering in A^2 if you continue right down main street at the end of huron river. I've seen a few exiges there and even a rhd elan.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Can't beat the roads south and west of Ann Arbor. Try the Road to Hell. Literally, the road between Pinckney and Hell, MI. Take Patterson Lake Road west, just south of Pinckney to Hell and then on to Gregory, MI.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Take a run down US12 to the Irish Hills area and beyond. You could always then go north and come back throgh Chelsea, Dexter, Pinckney, jog up to the Milford area and take some of the back roads around the lakes up that way.
If you do go here!! On sunday!! :D or anytime next week let me know! I work and live in Adrian Michigan directly touching Irish Hills! Would love to meet up with another Lotus owner for a cruise! :clap:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Derek: I MIGHT be around Sunday, let me know if you want to get out for a drive.....was just to Hell & back last weekend, the leaves aren't peaked yet down there, but north would be good. ( I'm in MA and ME this week, and the leaves are on FIRE up here ! )

·
Registered
426 Posts
ahh crap! I was still back in Rochester for the weekend on Sunday... but this Sunday I'm stuck out in Adrian running the college's board meeting. :(

so if anyone is around the Irish Hills area! I'll be down! :clap:

·
Registered
426 Posts
There are sooo many side roads... I just drive up 52 to 50... head east and then go through the park areas there... then on race weekends they set up and insane 3 mile length row of small cones seperated at a safe and fun distance...

im not suggesting anything with the cones being spaced at a perfect distance apart on a perfectly straight and very DEAD road during the race.

but pointing it out to ya ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts