The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas?

My custom plate now is SPINS because the car does. :) But any ideas for a cool plate on the Lotus? Any you have seen? Any you don't want anyone to know about because you have not reserved it yet? :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The only one I've got in mind is pretty simple. Hadn't given it too much thought. Do you have a DMV link we can check what's taken (CA). Can you also reserver one?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LarryB said:
The only one I've got in mind is pretty simple. Hadn't given it too much thought. Do you have a DMV link we can check what's taken (CA). Can you also reserver one?
Wow. That is really too bad that the site is gone. I hope it returns. It was very cool to be able to see all the plates that were taken or available and search for possible combinations. The method of going to the DMV and trying out different ones would not be good.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
As for plates, I've always liked the variations of 'REVO VOM' (read it backwards). Of course, this only works if you're running with a front license plate, and well, no way in heck I'll ugly up the Elise with one of those!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

TAKEN-

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kinda like this one-

Available

·
Registered
24 Posts
Beat me to the post with the web site! In case you all do not know, you can order a personalized plate in California *BEFORE* you have a car to put it on. They charge a 35 dollar fee once per you for the personalized plate regardless of if it is on a car or not. I ordered an X5 for my wife, and ordered the plate well in advance of the car. When you get the issued plates for the car, you simply take both sets to the DMV, and they keep the issued ones and change the registration to the custom plate. It might cost you a few extra dollars doing it this way, but not much.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The DMV had as part of their site before, the ability to see all variations of plates. You could check for all plates with LOT in it for example. Now you have to try each one you might be considering. Still, much better than doing it at DMV and then finding out that your choice was already taken.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Keep those ideas coming :) At least some of won't have to compete in CA licences.
I already have ADAMANT and BOLLOX . I quite like LOTUSA.
How about NOWEIGHT or W8LESS ?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Any ideas?

My custom plate now is SPINS because the car does. :) But any ideas for a cool plate on the Lotus? Any you have seen? Any you don't want anyone to know about because you have not reserved it yet? :)

Hmm. As I've been saving my pennies and will be "graduating" in a big way from 7 years in a '96 Mitsu EcLIpSE Spyder GS-T (nearly 8 by the time it arrives next spring...), I'm thinking mine ought read:

No Mo CP

But I somehow doubt anyone would get it... :D

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I ordered Euro Tags. " S2 Bollox ", with Wales flag/registration.

Im always using the english term Bollox so I thought why not on the plate.

English Slang,Noun. 1. Testicles. S.e. until mid 1800s.
Also an Exclamation. An expression of defiance.
* Also written as bollox.

I prefer the expression of defiance. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Er... I'd not have bollox on my plate. It would be like driving around with "scrotum" written on the front of the car.

My preference is an M111 plate - M111 being the project number for the elise. It's kind of esoteric: makes sense to people in the know.

My plate in the UK is M111CRM (the letters CRM are my initials)

Craigy

·
Registered
19 Posts
A friend has a 427 Vette with plates that read "Cajones" LOL
As for me, I'll go again with what had on my '96 Miata: "BALD 1"

[Yeah this picture was taken by some jokesters at work who put the handicapped parking sign on the rear view mirror.]

Bob

1 - 20 of 28 Posts