The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mike,

Long ago I had a bumper sticker on another car that read: "Rub a dome for luck today!" It, like the "bald 1" tags, were always great as conversation starters -:) And isn't that what tags should all be about? LOL

Bob

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hey Bob, I'm pretty sure the word is "cojones", but perhaps your friend modified it to get it by the DMV. In California, they are pretty vigilant about disallowing combos that they consider to be unacceptable, which covers a lot of territory.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That reminds me of something. When you say "thank you", I have a friend who likes to say "cochon". Many people seem to think it is a foreign word for "you're welcome". But it actually means "pig" in French!

In California, when you apply for a personalized plate, you have to fill out a section explaining the significance of your message, so that the DMV censors don't inadvertently miss something. So, if you want a "dirty" plate, you have to be clever enough so that they don't recognize the meaning and provide a plausible explanation that they will accept.

By the way, I tried "bollox" on the CA DMV site. It was unavailable, but I don't know if that means that someone already has it or if they have built-in rejection for certain combos. I'm not interested in that one, just curious.

I have a couple in mind for my Elise, but I'm not ready to share. You can buy a plate (in CA at least) before you get the car, but I don't really want to pay nine-months rent on a plate that I can't use yet.and and

·
Registered
9 Posts
In California these are available:

LTUSPRT

I was thinking of "Lotus Sport" when I typed it in, but after looking at it you might be able to use it on a "Lotus Esprit".

SMLOTUS

Another dual meaning... "small Lotus" (of course its not that small) and when/if the SCCA classifies it "StreetMod Lotus"

LOTOY

Dual again, if rumored Toyota power is confirmed.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
jml1952 said:
...By the way, I tried "bollox" on the CA DMV site. It was unavailable, but I don't know if that means that someone already has it or if they have built-in rejection for certain combos...
I've seen that one!
On an old rhd Rolls Royce!
Now that was funny.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since URABUS won't be appropriate, I'm thinking something along the lines of SKIDPAD or ZIPZIP or UH-HUH or DWNHERE

Plenty more time to think of one. :)

--KC

21 - 28 of 28 Posts