The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have had my 2011 na since I purchased it new last April. It currently has 10k miles. Yesterday I drove to the dealership to drop off the Lotus for the annual state inspection. While I was there I perused the showroom and saw a beautiful 2013 carbon gray S IPS. Sticker price is $92,500. with most available options. The dealer is offering 44K for my car on trade and dropping the price of the 2013 to 80K. Deal or no deal? As always guys, your invaluable input is greatly appreciated!

Jim

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most 2011 Evora are selling for 48-50k right now, you may be better off with a quick private sale

·
Registered
371 Posts
Most 2011 Evora are selling for 48-50k right now, you may be better off with a quick private sale
I am sure the only the reason the dealer is offering to drop the 2013 so far is because of the trade. Its easier to move a clean well taken care of pre owned evora than a brand new IPS this time of year.

I think its a good deal and the supercharger adds a lot to the experience. If money is not to much of a concern I would take the dealer up on the offer. You get a good deal, the dealer gets a good deal, and lotus can add one more car to the sold list to develop us a new model.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. I forgot to mention in the OP that I paid 60K for the 2011 at the same dealership. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That means you paid $20k to drive your Evora for 8 months, and are willing to pony up another $40k to get into the 2013 S. Your total cost will be 100k for this Evora S.

If I were you, I would keep your NA. There are no real appreciable differences between the 11 and the 13 (I have a '13 and have compared against the 11's for hours). You can live with the slight difference in 0-60 sprint and will never feel the difference at the top end (edit: meaning you have to hit the top speed to see the difference). Around town, they're similar unless you're racing on a freeway. Put 5k towards some mods (diffuser, maybe wrap the car Carbon Grey for a visual change) and bank the other 35k. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Dean. I think the light bulb just went on. When put in those terms I would have to be crazy or a card carrying member of the "more money than brains" club. Thanks for breaking it down the way you did Dean. I think I'll keep the 2011 for a while. She has ample power and I really do like the quartz silver. And to think I was this close to signing the papers. :facepalm I owe you one bro!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Wow Dean. I think the light bulb just went on. When put in those terms I would have to be crazy or a card carrying member of the "more money than brains" club. Thanks for breaking it down the way you did Dean. I think I'll keep the 2011 for a while. She has ample power and I really do like the quartz silver. And to think I was this close to signing the papers. :facepalm I owe you one bro!
LOL. Wrap the car in matte Carbon Grey, maybe change the exhaust - voila, whole new car. Although, now that I look at your pic, the darker wheels and the quartz silver are a sick combination. For what it's worth, Carbon Grey is a striking color, absolutely beautiful, but it's possible to tire of it easily. With a bit of dust it looks very dull.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Back in April, I traded in my 2011 n/a loaded with lifestyle paint and with 13k miles for $52k but bought it for $55k. I then bought the 2011 S for $83k. This was when dealers near me would not budge below $90k on a 2013 IPS. There were no incentives at the time and I'm sure I probably took a $5k hit or more hit but I just couldn't live with the n/a. I'm relatively content with the S' power even if it's barely adequate. Went almost 8 months before trying to up the power where as I only got 2 months before doing something with the n/a. Not to mention my S had the suedex tex interior.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. Wrap the car in matte Carbon Grey, maybe change the exhaust - voila, whole new car. Although, now that I look at your pic, the darker wheels and the quartz silver are a sick combination. For what it's worth, Carbon Grey is a striking color, absolutely beautiful, but it's possible to tire of it easily. With a bit of dust it looks very dull.
Agreed 100% Dean! My next purchase will be the Plack Exhaust. Soon after I will forget about the 2013 S.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
By the way, just looking at the number of new owners and people looking on this forum, I think this is the strongest demand I've seen in a while.....if ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts