·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow! :clap:
That's not a deal, that's a STEAL

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
If everything checks out, regardless of rebuilt title, it's a pretty damn good price IMO. Based on the info, fire did not seem to originate from the car but an outside source possibly.? The potential buyer will find that out for sure. Has the skirts I want. Good luck to whoever buys this.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I’m sayin. Supercharger, BBK, aero bits, and excepting best offers! If it checks out the rebuilt title wouldn’t matter much at that low of a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just came back from looking at this car

I'm not the owner nor do I know the owner personally. I found this post couple of days ago, created lotustalk my account, and reached out to the owner for a test drive as I live pretty close. The offers he's receiving already exceed what I had in mind so I told the owner I'll post a review here for him. The following are my personal observation, if you have specific questions you should reach out to the owner via Ebay.

Short version:
I just took this car for a test drive and it's an excellent deal.

Long version:
I just came back from test driving this car and from what I can tell, the fire didn't do any permanent damage to the car. Apparently the fire originated external to the car. There were minimal fire damage to the driver side front wheel, driver side front fender, and driver side headlight. There were some heat damage on the inside of the front fender, no wirings were damaged so none were replaced or spliced in, the inner wheel well liner is replaced, there is a supercharger, CF lip and side skirt, the one damaged wheel is replaced. The owner did say it was never in an accident, but I still walk around tracing the body lines and seams to see how well they matched. As far as I can tell every one of them lined up nicely so there isn't any body/frame repair work done.

The owner took me out for a ride and let me drive it back, so we've taken it on some smaller road, freeway, and the car took all the IL road with confidence. I managed to keep all my teeth. IMHO, it's a comfortable a ride as my bug eye WRX, pulls a little bit stronger, response was immediate, corners just like a go kart, let the steering go a few times and it didn't drift, clutch feels firm, very little play at the top, shifter is good, I was able to make every shift into every gear smoothly with minimal effort, no unwanted creaks or rattles or it could just be me enjoying the drive too much and ignoring it.

Paint looks good, one tiny minimal blemish on the passenger side door, on the inside near the top right corner, I think it can be easily buffed out. The interior could use some TLC, the leather has no cracks or damage, the dashboards looks good, nothing is loose, no fade, AC works well, blew pretty decently cold air, I know the radio and the sound work, but I forgot to test it since I really wasn't paying attention to that.

That's pretty much all I can recall. This drive just cemented the idea I want a Lotus Elise/Exige, everything else is just gonna be a stop gap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone. Wilhow thanks for the detailed report. I actually ended up buying this car after a friend performed a pre-purchase inspection. He echoed the same sentiments but did add that the red line was limited to 6500RPM.

It was running at 191 temp so it wasn't an issue there. I also reached out to Vision Function since they sold the supercharger, injectors, etc. They said it might be a VVT solenoid. I saw a few other threads on the lower rev limiter topics but no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't wait to receive it in the next few days!

Thank you all around,

Alexander

1 - 18 of 18 Posts