The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After hearing from fellow elise talkers about negative experiences with their dealers, certain apprehension ensued regarding my dealership.

However, I was called and finished an excellent test drive. Steve has a 30 minute route of twisties and open streches (he encouraged me to take a 25 mph posted series of curves @ 60 mph -- wow! what a car!) I have been treated with the utmost respect and honesty by Mid-Rivers in St. Louis. I don't think I have heard any negative remarks about how they are treating the deposit holders. Every car, outside of the demo, is going to the holders on the list, all for MSRP. The potential for markup for any of the dealers is definately there. There is obviously nothing wrong with trying to get market value for the Elise, I just don't think certain dealers have been fair and upfront (ie: symbolic, Fox) with their deposit holders. At least that 's the impression I get from this forum.

I hope that LotusUSA becomes aware of each dealers questionable treatment of the devoted customers. Honest dealers should be rewarded (greater # of future cars, quicker delivery, etc). However, word of mouth regarding less than moral treatment of the consumer will eventually hurt Symbolic and Fox. They're shooting themselves in the foot with their business practices.

Anyway, the guys at Mid-Rivers have been great. Thanks Steve for doing such a great job. I hope that in some way they will be recognized and continue to be successful.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I have my deposit with FVMC, and they have been very fair and up front.

What business practice is it that they're "shotting" themselves in the foot with?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Oh please, we all know that Mid-River is selling Pinto's converted into Elise look alikes. They are such a rip off and I don't see how you could call them a Lotus dealer. You got screwed. This is a well proven fact with as much weight as your other assertions.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Reddirt14 said:
Oh please, we all know that Mid-River is selling Pinto's converted into Elise look alikes. They are such a rip off and I don't see how you could call them a Lotus dealer. You got screwed. This is a well proven fact with as much weight as your other assertions.
Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
401 Posts
The car he drove was a Pinto with an Elise body. Aliens told me, which is a much better source than his hearsay from some guy who has never even dealt with FVMC. Next it will be my brother's girl friend who heard it from her girl friend's boy friend who has a cousin who lives next door to the teach of a high school student that heard Mid-River isn't really an authorized Lotus dealer. Come on...I heard it on the site... That's persuasive. Oh, sure I believe that.

This is a poof just to prove a point, that's all. All I'm saying is stop the accusations about these dealers that no one has personal experience with. Otherwise I'd say let's all start doing and for convenience sake, Mid River should be the next victim. It's actually is starting to look like an amusing game to me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: Please stop now.

roadrunner said:
Please find another game and go play it - stop wasting our time with this drivel.
Same to the original poster and point proven. Thanbk you for finally understanding what I've been saying all along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts