The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of the Bordeaux Red Pearl car. Lighting was with sun, but lots of clouds. It has not been "enhanced" with contrast adjustments, etc. , just good color balance and dead-on exposure.
The car looks great in person, but I'm extremely biased since mine is soon to hit the build sheets. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great pic Superlight, and a very accurate rendering of the shade too based on what I saw at the factory. BRP is such a great mix of classy and sporty, as is Racing Green.

·
Registered
442 Posts
This is the colo(u)r I most regret not ordering. No wait, that's Saffron Yellow (the free one). I was always afraid that BRP would come out too brownish - but, Nope, it's classy. Great choice.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
That's a great looking color, but I have a question.

How will BRP fair with the TX sun? Red tends to decolor over time if it's under the sun for prolonged periods.

I know paint are better now a days, but those infrared rays sure can eat up red colors.

One of the good things about having to wait 9 more months is that I can find out about things like this :)

Miguel

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
That's my baby! It looks much darker at dusk and at night, but is brilliant in broad daylight. No brown in any light. Heaven!

Hey, maybe we need milk or something. I gotta go...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
This is a terrific rendering of the color, I was at the factory two weeks ago and saw several outside and really liked the color. As to fading, keep the car polished with a polymer polish such as Zaino or Klasse it will not fade or oxidize for a very, very long time. The problem with reds has to do with owner care!
I was not sure about the color, my wife picked it, once I saw it at the factory I knew she had made another really good choice!
Bring on my car!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I'm liking the ride height...not as 4x4ish as some of the early demo/mule/press cars appeared to be once they were out of the shows and onto the road.

·
Registered
607 Posts
There was a Road & Track magazine supplement about Maserati. The Maserati 8CTF which won the 1939 and 1940 Indy 500s appears to be the same color as our BRP Elise. Very classy.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Stan said:
Look at the front fender closeups...you can see a different surface finish effect in the clear bra areas.

Stan
Mine doesn't look like that! I don't have that orange peel texture on my starshield.

(Yes, I have BRP also)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Awesome! Absolutely gorgeous; I must possess her. :drool: What am I saying: I am already in a committed relationship with AR Elise. Monogamy sucks! :wallbang: I’d like to try CO for a month followed by SY, followed by BR, etc. :nanner2:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I LOVE my BRP! 11 months later I've never been sick of the color, and it looks great minus the cone marks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice, very accurate pic. Question - anyone out there with BRP with red interior? Does it work? BRP has been my first choice since day one, have probably seen >30 cars, but none with red interior, which seems strange, maybe my memory is failing faster than expected.... posted pictures show anything from dark red to bright red/orange... dealer has said no way would BRP/red work...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine is BRP, too (with biscuit interior). My wife and I saw one at HRM when I started checking out the Elise, and we loved the color so that's what we got. I get a lot of comments on how lovely BRP looks...and they're right!

:D

--DotComCTO

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
greenbluff said:
Nice, very accurate pic. Question - anyone out there with BRP with red interior? Does it work? BRP has been my first choice since day one, have probably seen >30 cars, but none with red interior, which seems strange, maybe my memory is failing faster than expected.... posted pictures show anything from dark red to bright red/orange... dealer has said no way would BRP/red work...
I think it might work. The leather is a dark red.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts