The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that we see a good amount of negative reviews on here about dealerships, and that's understandable since people can get quite upset about a bad experience and want to warn others.
I wanted to share the positive experience I had today with a service at Rothrock.
I scheduled the appointment with Shawn, as anyone who has searched around for info on Rothrock will understand.
Since I just moved to PA, I needed to have an inspection done and have a bad bulb replaced on a turn signal, so I scheduled the inspection, bulb check, and oil change for today.
When I arrived, I was pleasantly greeted and told that Shawn would be out shortly to introduce himself and go over the car.
Shortly after, Shawn comes out and politely introduces himself as we procede to my Elise to go over what I want done and any problems I am having. We go over the bad bulb, and I mention a couple of other issues I have noticed, mainly small. I remembered that I had had issues with the AC getting warmer after being on for a while and that he should look at it as well. He explains common causes for each of the issues I mention and tells me what he plans on doing. It was nice for a change to feel like I wasn't being talked down to or ignored or worse yet lied to like I have been at other dealerships.
He takes the car back and performs the inspection, oil change, light bulb fix, and adjusts the temp sensor for the AC. He also adjusted the tire pressure and replaced the speaker grill that had popped out and headlight
embellishers that had sun damage and a few other things that I had requested. All quickly and professionally. He came out and explained what he found and what needed to be done and gave me the printout from the ECU dump that is done with every service.
The service was smooth and found things that I had missed or forgotten to ask for.
I just wanted to share a positive experience about Rothrock and Shawn for those who may be questioning whether to get your car serviced there.
I've had my car serviced at the Midlothian, VA dealer, the Gaithersburg, MD dealer and bought my car at the Bedford, OH dealer, and I can say that each of my previous experiences has had one or more things wrong with with the experience. Shawn at Rothrock has managed to put his dealership at the top of the list of dealers that I will return to in the future.
Now let's hope the next time is just as good.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Excellent to hear. Shawn came in on his day off a couple of weeks ago just to work on my car. Won't get that attention at many other places.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'll jump on the bandwagon. I've been very pleased with the service at Rothrock, mainly because of the interaction with Shawn, who always made it a point to talk to me before and after working on the car. I've owned several higher end automobiles and while at the dealership was always "handled" by a service writer. Though Rothrock's facilities may not be as upscale, I always leave with the feeling that my "baby" received the best of care.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
as i said on another post the other day, rothrock are not all that bad. their sales people could be better especially as on my first visit they tried selling me a vette. i did like that they insisted a salesperson went on the test drive to ensure the car wasn't beat on and the revs kept below 4500rpm.

i was impressed with the service dept., not necessarily the general staff but the Lotus tech shawn. i had a long list of warranty work to be completed including a new dash, headlights and a bunch of other minor stuff. they did have the car for a week as they had to order parts (my fault as i didn't tell them what needed to be done prior to the visit). shawn called me numerous times throughout the week informing me what was going on and i was never in doubt my car was in good hands. the car was ready when scheduled and fully detailed. i'll definitely bring it back and deal with the minor negatives because of shawn and his dedication to our cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts