The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had a full day to take care of all the fun little "issues" our cars have. I stopped at the hardware store bright and early to pick up some braided hose, then drove to my amsoil dealer to pick up some oil and came back home.

I had a "fun" time getting the oil filter off after the last guy decided to weld it to the car. After punching a hole through it with my filter wrench, stopping at the hardware store to get a 1" socket then using that to strip out the top part of the filter, hammering a screw driver through the side of the filter to loosen it and using a C clamp to crush the sides and unscrew it... I FINALLY got the fcuking thing off but not before losing about a pint of blood from all the cuts on my hand in the process.

After the oil change from hell was over, i checked my "U tube" and there was a small amount of wear on it from the oil cooler lines, but i cut up some of the rubber hose, wrapped it and zip tied it up so hopefully that won't be an issue anymore.

After that, I torqued my rear toe links down to 44 ft/bs and made sure all my lugs were tightened down to 77 ft/lbs.

I think I have all the preventative maintenance is stuff under control now after todays work and pulling the valve cover yesterday... unless I'm forgetting something.

Anyway, I went for a long drive in the country, now I'm enjoying some Sam Adams Summer Ale and some fetta and spinach sausages from the grill.

Good Friday indeed :coolnana:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the loss of blood is making these sam adams extra tasty :)

I thought I would mention, if anyone is looking for a great jack, I just got this one from Northern Tool and it is fantastic. Good price, amazing build quality, low enough to fit under the lotus w/ sport pack w/ a hockey puck on it and can lift enough to work on cars that aren't feather wieights.

Torin Aluminum/Steel Race Jack, 2 1/2-Ton, Model# T84025 | Rapid Lift + Race Jacks | Northern Tool + Equipment

And I got this really nice torque wrench from the same place. Awesome price, great reviews... seems like a good solid wrench.

Northern Industrial Torque Wrench — 1/2in., | Torque Wrenches | Northern Tool + Equipment

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Harborfreight also has Oil Filter Torque Wrenches.....make sure you torque your oil filter to 264 Ft Lbs....or else it may fall off !! :huh:poke-rotfl

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Harborfreight also has Oil Filter Torque Wrenches.....make sure you torque your oil filter to 264 Ft Lbs....or else it may fall off !! :huh:poke-rotfl

way ahead of you... i did 364 just to be sure though :)

·
Registered
526 Posts

Oh Man :mad:

Now I have to jack my car back up ,and tighten it. Stupid me did it like the directions said and went one turn after the seal made contact. rotfl

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
I better put a disclaimer in:.........NEWBIES: this is a joke. ( never know who's gonna be really anal about these things )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts