The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am Nicholas and I would like to introduce myself. I am in the United States Navy and have always been in love with the Lotus Elise. He recently I have set my goals on owning one after I get out of the Navy. I was wanting some advice on Lotus Elise S2's as well I was curious as to who would be selling one. I prefer the hardtop ones with a manual transmission.
But if anyone can help me out that would be amazing.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Nicholas

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Hi...and welcome. :wave:

Also note they are all manual transmission and the hard-tops are removable, so if you find your ideal car but it doesn't have a hard-top, there is usualy somebody selling one.

Check the 'Marketplace' section here.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Welcome fellow squid...good luck with your quest and thank you for your service to our great Nation.

·
Registered
807 Posts
welcome :wave:

but loti don't drift too well rotfl better hang on to your silvia for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am currently stationed in Chicago (Great Lakes) Illinois right now and I would kinda like to come back to Chicago afterward but not really sure.
I am a major tuner kid, but I noticed recently that the Lotus Elsie was rear wheel drive so I figured I could make it slide. That was what I used to do before I joined the service so.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I am currently stationed in Chicago (Great Lakes) Illinois right now and I would kinda like to come back to Chicago afterward but not really sure.
I am a major tuner kid, but I noticed recently that the Lotus Elsie was rear wheel drive so I figured I could make it slide. That was what I used to do before I joined the service so.
Lotus are meant for the opposite... you know, KEEPING grip :huh:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
.....I noticed recently that the Lotus Elsie was rear wheel drive so I figured I could make it slide.
- and mid engined, so just take it out on a rainy day, hit a corner hard..........and lift.........instant slide (spin)!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I was just curious as to if someone was selling an S2 at all. Or if someone could help me get the spec's on the Lotus Elise S2 because my mind is full of nothing but japanese drift cars so I figured broaden my horizons and go with Lotus.
I love the way they look, and I love the fact that they are so light weight...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I'm in Lake County, IL so I'm not too far from you.

The thing with our cars is its layout (mid engined, rear wheel drive) resists the tendency to 'drift'. You could do it but if your after style points in a drift competition where your looking to "hang that tail out" as far as possible and still catch it this might not be your best choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I honestly wanted this car to drive around and turn heads while working on other project cars. I love Lotus and I love japanese cars. So I figured why not have the best of both worlds.
I was looking for an S2 and if anyone can help me out with one around $26,000 that would be amazing.

I say $26,000 because that is a more realistic goal for me to reach for only having a four year contract with the Navy. But if anyone can help me out that would be awesome.

If you have anything I might be interested in you can contact me at 816-288-0960.

Thanks everyone for being so friendly.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
C'mon El, take him out drifting....the roads are icy enough, you can hang that rear end out. :shift:

I would, but I have 4-wheel drive. :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
R.T, come on the guy is serious and just excited :p lol

Nicholas, Welcome :D

You will find whatever it is that you need to find about the Elise here, just search and ask questions. Search first and then ask the questions because more likely your questions have been covered over and over and over.

You can find a good 2005 Elise for 26k, you might have to go somewhere to get it and drive it back but it can be done. To find an Elise browse Lotus Cars for Sale - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community and just find one you like.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
C'mon El, take him out drifting....the roads are icy enough, you can hang that rear end out. :shift:

I would, but I have 4-wheel drive. :rolleyes:

Yes - in the Elise I would be able to hang the "rear, front and myself" out with all the ice and snow on the roads right now. :eek:
I bet I would never even make it out of my neighborhood with the snow packed down. :p

Nicholas - I'm not trying to discourage you from the car, it really is a lot of fun! :coolnana:

Its main goal is to be a sportscar at home on a twisty road whether on a track or street. Dragracing and drifting is not its strong points. Of course you can do these things with the car but it will not be the ideal car.

Please look around the forum and ask away! :clap:

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
if you drift the elise and we find out, you'll be banned. LOL

welcome, bro.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts