The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Opportunity - UPDATED!

A buddy of mine and his wife found out this week that they're expecting a baby this fall and they've decided to give their spot in line away.

I told them about Elisetalk and they want to give their spot away to a fellow enthusiast.

They've ordered AR/touring/black/hardtop and expect the car before the end of the year (they were in the third order group).

If you know of anyone wanting to jump in line, let me know. They'll need to reimburse my bud 500 bucks for the deposit.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I'm in... any chance I can get biscuit instead of black interior?

That is, I'm in if the car will arrive significantly sooner than my spot... if it comes one month earlier than mine, there's really no point in it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll ask him to check with the dealer. I'd like to think that since he's not in the first group, the interior could be changed to biscuit.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jeeeeez priorities man! Wives are ten a penny - Elisii are like rocking horse sh*t!!!

Bin the wife, there will be another along in 10 minutes!

:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
What's the baby got to do with it? Some of my earliest car memories are from when my family of 4 would load up in my dad's TR250. Me on the back shelf, sister in the passenger footwell, top down, heater blasting.

My dad sold that car and has regretted it ever since.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
transio said:
I'm in... any chance I can get biscuit instead of black interior?

That is, I'm in if the car will arrive significantly sooner than my spot... if it comes one month earlier than mine, there's really no point in it.
GOTCHA Transio, Happy April Fools Day!!!!!

(sorry man, just had to do it)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
babak said:
Masterfully done.
Thankfully, we're all good sports on Elisetalk. Today was full of April Fools pranks at work. 3/31 was our year end, so a buddy of mine and I decided to have some fun.

One of our fellow sales guys came up short on his yearly number, so we faked an order (a big one that had been pushed into next quarter) w/ PO and had it faxed in this afternoon.

The look on his face was priceless. He couldn't get over it and started mumbling about the deal coming in a few hours too late and how he needed it yesterday, blah, blah, blah.

Just as he was about to call our boss and tell him the news, we yelled out, "April Fools."

It was classic.

Another buddy was telling others that one of the guys had gotten demoted, so all day long, others were stopping by his office to say "sorry" and he had no idea what they were doing it for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts