The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due for inspection, but I am nervous about letting a tech drive it around. Can anybody reccomend a good thoughtfull place for an inspection in the area. Perhaps I am bit too paranoid.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've had mine inspected twice at a Quickie-Lube type of place (north Tx). The manager is very quick to make sure I drive it with the tech as a passenger. I also stay in the bay with the car while they're doing the inspection. No troubles at all, except that the manager takes pictures to post on the wall of the shop.

I think as long as you drive it, you shouldn't have any trouble. But then, I tend to be pretty casual about these sorts of things. Some folks on this forum are very sensitive about who touches their cars, so it depends on your nature.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I am licensed to do state inspections.. Any place will work and charge the same price assuming the county has both tests required.. Also, they should allow the owner to drive the vehicle with inspector watching.. Happens all the time with motorcycles..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts