The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up here in Fort Collins I haven't heard of a shop yet to go get a racing helmet. So, where should I go? Anyone have any good recommendations in the Denver / Boulder area?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
As for brand I recommend Sparco...my 2 cents. :up:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
www.saferacer.com
free shipping, just get the sizing right
I like Saferacer also. Or they usually have vendors at track events, the advantage with that is getting to try the helmet on. Different brands fit slightly differently in the same size, like shoes.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Any place OTHER THAN ONLINE to actually TRY ON a wide variety of helmet brands?? I've found that there is a HUGE difference in fit and head clearance from one manufacturer to the next for the same head size. This is critical for some of us that only have centimeters to work with in terms of head clearance in the Elise/Exige.

It seems that there are many motorcycle helmet stores to do this but I'm not looking for a motorcycle helmet!!!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I like Saferacer also.

Something I just figured out for all us tall guys. Bell's M3 helmet sits lower so I get at least another inch of clearance compared to my old Simpson.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I like Saferacer also.

Something I just figured out for all us tall guys. Bell's M3 helmet sits lower so I get at least another inch of clearance compared to my old Simpson.
same with the g-force pro one.
it couldnt fit with some other helmet w/ the HT on, but the g-force gave me the clearance.

·
Registered
547 Posts
www.saferacer.com
free shipping, just get the sizing right
i discovered saferacer lately and i'm a fan. bought shoes, gloves and a bell helmet from them. measured my head with a piece of string and that worked, fits nicely!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
To clarify, I would like a place I can go to in person and fit a helmet just right for me. Thanks for the pointers so far!!
Exactly... Where can we find a variety of helmets to fit IN PERSON, not online?? I, for one, have not found such a place.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm curious as to why people from California want to know where to try on helmets in Colorado...

Anyway.

Morten's Motorsports
9801 Havana St
Henderson, CO 80640 - 8442

On-Track Performance
(303)788-0898
South Denver

Perhaps you should search the yellow pages and find something a bit closer to Ft. Collins.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hmmm... Curious as to why people here refer to a WEBSITE to buy helmets when the original question asked for a local shop...

Anyway.

For those who can read the member's LOCATION... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If you haven't done so already I'd just drive down to Morten's and try some on. Ft. Collins isn't THAT far away from North Denver. Are you looking for open or close faced?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
So far didn't find a shop in Fort Collins. Plenty of motor cycle and ATV places around though.
try on several motorcycle helmets to clarify your size, than order from saferacer. They have a good return policy if it doesn't fit. I like Bell FWIW.
This is what I did, otherwise, I would have had to drive 3 hours to Chicago to try on an automobile racing helmet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts