The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I picked one up at O'Reillys - worked fine - it was $75 (or so) plus a core charge.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I always says "2003 Celica GTS" whenever I go looking for parts.

I bought one from the Toyota dealership...can't remember the price. But getting one from Autozone or whatever is probably cheaper.

·
Registered
233 Posts
that's the first step...

this is a back up so i have the information on hand
Are you throwing a code or just cleaning? If you've got a code and are trying to narrow down parts, you can always read the maf output off the pins (doesn't need to be under voltage) and compare to maf at the parts store before buying. I can remember exactly, but I think the output is .6 to .9 m-ohm?? (between 60 and 90 F)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Are you throwing a code or just cleaning? If you've got a code and are trying to narrow down parts, you can always read the maf output off the pins (doesn't need to be under voltage) and compare to maf at the parts store before buying. I can remember exactly, but I think the output is .6 to .9 m-ohm?? (between 60 and 90 F)
No, cleaning mine is an attempt to eliminate the famous "engine dying at idle/stop light". :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
No, cleaning mine is an attempt to eliminate the famous "engine dying at idle/stop light". :(
:tadts:

My buddy has a 240 that does the same thing...I think a re-flash might be an option too. FWIW, my car has never had this issue with the Charlie-X tune (knock on wood):eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
:tadts:

My buddy has a 240 that does the same thing...I think a re-flash might be an option too. FWIW, my car has never had this issue with the Charlie-X tune (knock on wood):eek:
That's funny.....my car has been flashed twice with CharlieX Gotham Tune (second time was to make sure the tune wasn't the problem). Will be going to the Kold-Fire 300 tune soon.
:shift:

·
Registered
159 Posts
If your car has DBW iv herd many guys having stalling issues because the stop screw inside the tb backs out. Lotus puts a glob of epoxy under the screw.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so the cleaning attempt failed... i pulled the maf and saw a drop of oil on the end of the wire and it seems to be baked on.. i sprayed the crap out of it and nothing happened... unless there is a way to get that off, i guess i'll need another one...

what year celica gts maf sensor do i ask for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
so the cleaning attempt failed... i pulled the maf and saw a drop of oil on the end of the wire and it seems to be baked on.. i sprayed the crap out of it and nothing happened... unless there is a way to get that off, i guess i'll need another one...

I'm interested to know this as well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I cleaned my maf sensor with the maf spray. I let it sit till dry then re-install. I took the car out 1 week later. First drive with light come on. After 5 min I stop the car for 3 min then re-start the car. Light is off. I have the ITG intake.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Can you post a pic? I have a feeling it wasn't a drop of oil, its just what the probe looks like.

here are pics of a celica one:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts