The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have a car lined up after months of searching autotrader, cars.com, ebay, and the lotustalk classifieds. Searched ebay about a week ago and found a stunning 2008 with a little over 4,000 miles. In the listing he says that the reserve is $49,990 and I knew it would probably go above that because it is such a beautiful car so I messaged him and offered $53,000. He responds that he only wants $50,000 :eek: really nice guy. Said that if I was serious about buying it he will take it off and give me time to get the money together.

Just finalizing the loan this week and then I have to get it shipped from NH to CA. Cant wait!!!! I really wanted orange and was ready to settle for a pretty similar grey one but it was sold before I could get the money together. In a few weeks I should be rollin in style :D

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was wondering where that was... was going to offer him 50 as well. Congrats on the buy! Let me know if it falls through ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone :)

Sturgeon: hopefully it's not too bad. I waited 2 months for my mustang to be built and delivered. Also had my roush Nitemare shipped from the same state which took about 2 weeks. But I have never been so obsessed with a car like the exige!

Sizzflair: I almost just let it go because I figured it would go for too much but figured I'd message him and see if I can get it, luckily I did :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
^yea. I was about to do the same thing since selling it outside of ebay saves the seller some $$$. I've done that plenty of times with some of the auctions with high prices.

Only if I wasn't planning on buying another exige at the time, I was going to message him. I guess I was just a hair too late! haha AND I'm having such a great time because the seller decided to fall through the sale and kinda put me in the dry after wasting a lot of time that I don't have (I work from 0400-1700)

= me with a lotus exige. I might have to go to the dealership for once :(

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm a big fan of those side skirts, they look cool and will probably protect the paint.
Unfortunately they don't. You really need Star Shield or another type of paint protection film on those side sills and rear panel behind the door. If they do offer protection, it's minimal. Anyone who does any track time can attest to the beating you get on the rear half of those side sills ahead of the rear tire. I've taken to putting on another layer of tape (the clear track tape sold here on LT) ON TOP of my Star Shield there because of the abuse that area takes. It gets covered with black rubber marks and pelted with gravel despite my Reverie side skirts.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Unfortunately they don't. You really need Star Shield or another type of paint protection film on those side sills and rear panel behind the door. If they do offer protection, it's minimal. Anyone who does any track time can attest to the beating you get on the rear half of those side sills ahead of the rear tire. I've taken to putting on another layer of tape (the clear track tape sold here on LT) ON TOP of my Star Shield there because of the abuse that area takes. It gets covered with black rubber marks and pelted with gravel despite my Reverie side skirts.
hmm, thats unfortunate, I guess the skirts aren't wide enough to cover. Congrats anyways, she looks great for now!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wasn't really counting on that so its no big deal. When I tracked my mustang I didn't worry about chips too much even though it was brand new. I will definitely be spending a few hours before each track day covering all the usual places on this car to protect the beautiful paint :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Very unique! I've only seen one other BO Exige out there. I almost bought it before buying my Storm Titanium S240. Even though I have CO, I actually think I prefer BO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey OP,

I live in Cali too and I am looking at cars in other parts of the country but I am worried about the 7500 mile requirement on a used car and also that it has to pass smog. Are there 49 state lotus cars and a special one for cali like other vehicles?

Thanks!

Awesome car and color man--congrats! :up:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts