1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'll give it a try. I use IE and Firefox already when I'm doing html to make sure they both work. Hopefully this isn't a third "standard" that needs to be met. :(

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Ok, I'm using it right now to write this...and DANG it is fast. REALLY fast. And it has spell check while you write...very cool. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
i don't exactly like Google lately, but I'll give it a :up:

So now I need to test my stuff on IE, FF 2 & 3, Safari, Opera, and Chrome. Argh... :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
oh great. another browser I need to worry about supporting. *sigh* Oh well. Keeps me employed.

I'll wait till it's out of beta before trying it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It's slower for me thus far... Perhaps I just need to build a cache... :shrug:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Just downloaded it, it's everything a geek could ask for!

Each tab runs as it's own process! Sheer genius!

(The last thing Internet Explorer did as I shut it down just now....GP fault...all tabs lost...never again!)

Uninstalling Safari as well. I think the web designers can just forget these other browsers...I'm gonna put this on at work, too!

·
Registered
476 Posts
For the web devs out there, Inspect Element = awesome

·
Registered
247 Posts
Speed tests have shown that it is faster than IE, Safari and Firefox for now, but the questions is (a) when will add-ons for the browser be available and (b) how much will they slow down the Google browser?

For me, Firefox is it. It is far more configurable with the many wonderful add-ons out there for it. Of course, they could all become available for Google's Chrome in coming months. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
oh great. another browser I need to worry about supporting. *sigh*.
...it's built on webkit, same as safari, so they shouldn't render appreciably differently...

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Speed tests have shown that it is faster than IE, Safari and Firefox for now, but the questions is (a) when will add-ons for the browser be available and (b) how much will they slow down the Google browser?

For me, Firefox is it. It is far more configurable with the many wonderful add-ons out there for it. Of course, they could all become available for Google's Chrome in coming months. We'll just have to wait and see.
Yea I like the add-ons on Mozilla too but since this is aster, i really dont care. I like how it imported everything in order and has my most visited websites(ie Lotustalk.com:D)

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, does anyone know how to make it my default browser? When it first asked me i said no since i wasn't sure about it. Now I want it to be my default so...... how?:shrug:

·
Registered
451 Posts
go to tools (the wrench in upper right) > options. The bottom section has a button to make it your default.

I like it so far, but I wish there was a way to import my bookmarks from google toolbar. I use that with mozilla and IE at various clients and I kind of need to have all my bookmarks travel around with me. I'm sure they'll integrate that stuff sometime (or I'll learn to live without it).

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Down loaded Google Chrome then uninstalled it...still alot bugs to work out and coincidently, the tv news station was just talking about it and so far they're not completely satisfied TADTS

1 - 20 of 76 Posts