The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like google is down! Says to type a squiggle word in to prove you're not a spyware program no matter what you type in.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
heh, if Google was truly down, i was ready to short the stock :p

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting list of links: BMW on third, LotusTalk on 9th, but Randy's little Bank on No. 5 ;)
I had our IT guys look into how much time I spend on LotusTalk and he said that I spend more time on LT than any other person in my company spends on any site. The BMW was recently added because I put a deposit on a 135i.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I wonder if it's an attempt to curtail this type of usage.

Infamous computer hacker group Cult of the Dead Cow (CDC) said that it is offering a software tool that lets people use Google to scan websites for security flaws.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's really weird. It's still doing it but if you type in the squiggle word you are fine for the entire session... close out of the browser and it comes up again. The IT guys are miffed.

I think we have a virus...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Your "squiggle word" is a CAPTCHA. The only reason I can think Google would start using this is to prevent an automated script from running a query. It would make sense as this CDC exploit was just announced this week.

Are you the only person at your work that is getting this CAPTCHA prompt?

Better yet, what was your search string?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you the only person at your work that is getting this CAPTCHA prompt?

Better yet, what was your search string?
Everyone in my office is getting it. It happens no matter what I search for. The first time it happened was when I typed "farnbacher loles" - the local Porsche tuner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts