The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
google failed me, need pic of antenna on roof for location. Got an angled one and want to make sure put in correct spot.. If your car measurements to where it is would be awesome too!

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS!

Will post pictures later this week after finish this along with the installation of the new door panel parts with speakers and new amps installed.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Antenna installed but now I cannot locate any posts showing where the models which had antenna on the hatch ran the antenna cable.. Someone throw me another bone?

·
Registered
676 Posts
What pics do you need ? Where the cable is routed or where the antenna is mounted?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never mind.. routed along left hand hatch strut then down and into passenger compartment..

All buttoned up and cleaned up... Removing the electric antenna was a bitch but not too bad really, took 30 minutes or so to wrangle out.. Got some electrical noise going on and due to tons of commitments this weekend and next week am going to take to a local shop to get sorted out.

Had a plug I put to cover the hole. Right now just held with some sticky goop I had laying around. Going to get it painted this weekend to match a bit.. Unless you knew not noticeable though IMHO...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hey Kenny,

where did you get the plug?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Kenny,

where did you get the plug?
It is a bolt with threads on other side with the top which is visible very thin. Just used some black caulk, the kind which doesnt harden and you can roll in your fingers, to attach temporarily. After I get it painted will use some silicone to hold in place permanently or until and if I have a body shop fill the hole.

Always thought the electric antenna location was dumb and really dated the car...

To the other poster, the antenna wire goes down towards front left corner of engine bay then up and into passenger compartment. I drilled a small hole by the right rear seat bolt and ran up through it with a grommet.

Then hid by sliding up in to the center console sides...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
That new antenna definitely updates the look of the car! With the shiny red paint and the new tires/wheels, she really looks FANTASTIC!

Roy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That new antenna definitely updates the look of the car! With the shiny red paint and the new tires/wheels, she really looks FANTASTIC!

Roy
THANKS! A bit sore from the Lotus position right now.. When running wires under passenger side pulled loose one of the vacuum lines.. Sheesh that was a BITCH !

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Oh and personally, I think that black antenna plug looks just fine as it is. I'll take a black plug over a red one that doesn't match the rest of the car any day! Then again, if you can get it to match the paint perfectly, it really would disappear. :)

Roy

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,104 Posts
I'd leave the plug black and attach a subtle label "WEAPON ACTIVATION" nearby.

rotfl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts