The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone buy one yet? How is it? I have an autox sunday and thinking about getting the 3 so I can have two angles each lap.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a sponsorship from GoPro and im replacing my entire fleet of the 2's with the 3's. The 2 is a great camera, but the 3 is so improved it antiquated the 2 instantly. If you get it get the black edition so you can shoot 720p at 120fps. That will be BEAUTIFUL for any action sequences.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol hook it up! ya i was looking at the black but i heard they are hard to find in stores.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Have the earlier Hero HD and the Hero2, It’s nice having two camera views to work with. The Hero3 is on my wish list, like the smaller form factor, better optics and built in WiFi. Picked up the WiFi pack for the Hero2 and with the smart-phone app you can use as a controller and to do a live feed.

The Hero3 is suppose to have better audio but still allows for external mic. The higher frame rates for the HD stuff on the black version is nice but really haven’t done much with slo-mo and since I already have a remote control unit probably will go with the sliver version.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
why not get a sony action cam?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend said the same, hes in the army and wants to get the action cam when he deploys. Does the action cam have a remote? I really like that feature.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
android or iphone app is the remote control - also action cam can be docked into a camcorder case with an lcd screen.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ordered a Black on the 18th of this month.
I hear the Black Edition is shipping on the 17th of November.
Remember they take a micro SD card.

·
Registered
433 Posts
At the GoPro display at the SEMA show there was a signup to get the Hero3 at a $100 discount. There were 3 terminals being used full time for the signup while I was there today.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
man! I was looking at best buy online and a store like 10 min away shows they have one in stock but the guy on the phone couldnt find it.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Pre ordered 2 of them, running on three 2's at the moment. No shipping confirmations yet.

Video editing is my main hang-up at, Learning Power Director 11! Oh Joy!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Does it have built in GPS like the Contour +2?
I am looking at getting something now....

I prefer the contour because I keep it helmet mounted for both car and motorcycle use. It's lower profile and easier to operate with gloves on. IMO, he gopro 2 has a marginally better picture, but it's so slight you really need to see them side by side to see the difference. Gopro is much more popular, so it's easier to borrow parts at the track. The contour GPS is nice, but it kills my battery after about 2 hours of recording. I get about 2.5-3 with GPS turned off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts