1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Less is Better
2,480 Posts
At so few units, I wonder if it will be sold in the US.

I've never had the pleasure of being in an F1, but I've stood next to one and it's small size and simple shape are absolutely stunning. If any car calls to me, it's the F1. The new car sounds like F1v2, which is awesome. Its dimensions are relatively small, it's weight is low, and it's got a manual transmission.

It just makes me happy that such a thing is going to exist from such a fantastic designer.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,480 Posts
We need more people in the industry like Murray:

"Murray's obsessed with light-weight cars. He estimates he owns 35 cars that weigh in under 1763 lbs (800 kg), including an Austin-Healey Sprite, two Lotus Elans and Elites, a De Tomaso Vallelunga, and a Fiat-Abarth 750 Zagato among many others. He recently picked up a Lotus Europa and he's quickly become a fan, and he commutes to work in an open-piped Lotus Eleven. As you do."

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Boy did you just take me on a joyride... REAL toys!!!!!

I found my Elise quite usable every day. Could haul the trash bag, 2 cases of Guinesss etc. Could haul everything except tires to a track day.....ahhh tires....that would be nice. As much as I love my Evora, I really want an Exige V6 S for my next track TOY!!! and occasional DD fun!

·
Vendor
3,138 Posts
If, I had infinite funds, I would leave an open check for Mr. Murray....

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
573 Posts
I've always been a huge fan of Murray's designs, I'm guessing cooling will not be an issue on the T50- I look forward to the average man's version if it ever comes to fruition.

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,172 Posts
I met Gordon a few years ago in Monterey. He was just walking down the street and I had to thank him for making the F1. We chatted again a couple of years later when he was checking out the BAC Mono that we had on display. He is a cool guy with a distinguished record yet is humble enough to talk to strangers that walk up to him on the street!

I'm excited about his chassis tech and believe cool cars will come from his efforts. His focus on lightweight is music to my ears. Of course that high revving Cossie will certainly help as well... :up:

·
Registered
433 Posts
"It's a market segment that's not just underpopulated, it's virtually empty at the moment."

Lets hope he does it and that its under 800Kg and a worthy successor to the Lotus ... I would be very interested .

·
Liftnot
23 Posts
We chatted again a couple of years later when he was checking out the BAC Mono that we had on display.

I'm excited about his chassis tech and believe cool cars will come from his efforts. His focus on lightweight is music to my ears. Of course that high revving Cossie will certainly help as well... :up:
Shinoo, do you know why(besides pricing) the Mono never made the chassis out of alum extrusion or carbon but DOM steel tubing(circa 1960 tech:surprise:) and the body panels have graphane?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can't help but get ear-to-ear grins thinking of the T.50 and T.43 concepts. Gordon is the guru of designing purposeful, focused, mesmerizing lightweight machines!

Such a welcome breath of fresh air in a world of increasingly boring, bloated, unfocused and computer-driven cars. I'll take lightweight dynamics and a manual gearbox over meaningless top speed and 0-60 records any day of the week.

Gordon gets it... hats off to him!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'd be interested in the T.43, since Lotus can't seem to get their lightweight act together these days on our side of the pond...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts