The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was skiping over this segment of MotorWeek when I saw a blue elise. I backed up, and watched the whole segment looking for more, but you don't see it after the first few seconds, so the rest of you can skip ahead and feel safe. :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Good 'ol Pat never mentioned the Elise sitting 4 feet from him, in fact while talking about oil filters (the whole discussion was real rubbish) he referred to a front engine car. I have to say when it comes to lame auto shows Motorweek takes the award for the lamest! Don't even ask why I was watching, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
When watching him, i'd be morbidly watching his spotlessly clean hands, touching each part and tool like it was a Fabrege egg.
I'm thinking.. how does he do that? can you trust a mechanic with spotless hands?

I look at a car and get greasy:confused:
m

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I used to think that Motorweek was better than nothing when I moved to the US. But that didn't last long. A motoring show that shows the insides of minivans should be on Womens Entertainment channel. I lost interest in even recording and scanning through motorweek many years ago. Thank god we have 5th gear here now. If only the Beeb would run top gear here, then there would be a lot of people wondering why there aren't MORE cool cars available in the USA.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lame and Lamer

James A said:
I have to say when it comes to lame auto shows Motorweek takes the award for the lamest! Don't even ask why I was watching, I don't know.
Are there any non-lame car shows in the US? The only things I watch regularly are Top Gear and Fifth Gear. Am I missing something good?

kbob

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I like Dreamcar garage, also like Sports Car Revolution (portions of it NOT containing the skinny canadian rock singer)

Also, did anyone catch the segment on autorotica Wed about the Ferrari 166 MM, the most beautiful Ferrari ever built far as I'm concerned.

Chris

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I've learned a lot of useful things from Pat Goss on Goss' Garage.

How to unscrew a gas cap.
How to close a car door without slamming it.
When it's raining, use your windshield wipers.
How to inflate my tires.
When changing my oil, I need to be sure that every quart is the same weight.
Look both ways before crossing.
Pushing that little button with the snowflake activates the A/C.
Pay before you pump.
When the needle on the gas guage is on E, it's time to fill up.
How to install cupholders in an exotic car.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I like Dreamcar Garage and Sprotscar Revolution, especially the heavyweight guy Tom, he is funny. 5th Gear is good, wish we got Top Gear, I watch it when I am in the UK.

·
Banned
901 Posts
There's a British show I get on the dish, "A Car Is Reborn" with a gent named Mark Andrews. He restored an E-type this season, the show is great fun to watch. He also does a similar show "A Bike Is Reborn". I'm not a motorcycle guy, but watching him restore a Triump Bonneville was great.

Mark Pfeffer

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Dream Car Garage did a show from South
Africa, where they build these Superformance Cobra Look-A Likes. They make it quite clear that the car should not be considered a 'kit-car'. After driving it hard through lion country, the car remains solid as a rock with the 'Dream Car' guy spitting out superlatives about
all aspects of the car's build. I think the car would cost about $80,000 if you let them put in the engine and trany. You can order it without them and probably
save some bucks by going with one of the various alternatives they mention.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts