The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
first time I'm seeing an Esprit dyno. How much does the car weigh?

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is bone stock. I've already added the k&n filters. I'll be adding the 200-cel cats and custom made catback.

My local fabricator made the exhaust for me. The entire exhaust system will be vband so I can change things as I need too. I can easily put the stock muffler back on if this ends up being too loud. We don't have emissions or inspections here in Alabama, so noise is no factor.

FYI, my stock catback weighed 20.1lbs. My new catback weighs 3.7lbs.

·
98 Esprit V8 Calypso Red
310 Posts
200 cpi cats will give you about 20 more at the rear wheel. Cat back won't give you much.

+1 on checking your throttle with an OBD II, I've seen a lot that don't have 100% throttle.

·
My car sneezes
670 Posts
Nice! Numbers are in line with a healthy stock V8. Do you know if you have the stock or high torque ECU?

first time I'm seeing an Esprit dyno. How much does the car weigh?
A V8 Esprit weighs about 2900lbs. Here are two more:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have the stock ecu.
If you truly have the stock ECU, you will absolutely want to at least update it to the "hi torque" (sport 350) version. It's just a safe software update, and it completely changes the feel of the car for the better!

Of course you could also go for the other chips that actually increase boost and HP, like the Sport 360 and the Red Race chip from "PUK":
PUK Esprit Racing

I might do this eventually, along with the sport cats.

Let us know how you like the new cats. I'm interested in the added power and sound, but not sure if my neighbors will tolerate it!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looks like a gain of 7 HP up to 322. That's not bad considering you also lost some weight. Flash your Ecu up to hi-torque and you'll really feel it.

Would you say the exhaust is much louder or just a different sound?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.